First Time Bubba's *New team*

Hello!

I hope you will let me join the group, I am 24 my OH is 26 and we have been trying to conceive our 1st :baby: since we got married almost 2 years ago. Congratulations to MrsN on your BFP!!! Hope everything is going well :happydance:

Feeling a bit down but trying to be positive after my :witch: came yesterday :cry:

We have a Doctors appointment on Monday for some advice and maybe some tests. I hope they don't say 'keep trying a bit longer' like they have before! It is not good enough! :nope:

Good luck everyone

Hi and welcome aboard! The doctors are telling us to try until the end of the year now it really upset me how they didnt seem to care at all. I have decided to give then until march and if there is no :bfp: then i am going back to demand some help. There excuse was the fact i am young, so what that doesnt give then the right to waste my time!! :growlmad:

This was a link given to me about the guidelines doctors have to follow:

Go to him and show him the NICE guidance:
https://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf...eguideline.pdf

I found it very useful and will go fully armed next time.

Been a bit hectic here tonight as i got home and DH said 'oh by the way so and so is coming round WITH HIS NEW GF' this is daves best mate and this will be the first time we have met his gf. An here i am sat in my scruffs, the house is a mess and im making tea (home made nandos turkey burgers Yummy!). So i rush round the house cleaning and get changed the whole while my DH is looking at me like i have gone soft. Men they just dont get it do they??

Hey Razcox,

Thanks for the welcome! I tried your link but I can't get it to work! I hope you have a good night tonight with your visitors :)

No it doesnt but the link still works on the thread i took it from, Strange! Oh well try this one:

https://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG11

No it doesnt but the link still works on the thread i took it from, Strange! Oh well try this one:

https://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG11

How are we all today? 6DPO here now so nearly 1/2 way through the 2WW now AF due to show her ugly face next friday . . . Heres hoping she stays away!

How are we all today? 6DPO here now so nearly 1/2 way through the 2WW now AF due to show her ugly face next friday . . . Heres hoping she stays away!

Hey, am doing good... gearing up for a new cycle since I start my clomid today.... hope you get your :bfp:!! sending lots of :dust::dust::dust: your way!

Hi guys can I join in? I'm ttc #1 also! I'm Vanessa, 26 live with my boyfriend who is 28. We've been together since August 2009 (short time hey lol just feels right!) we're both so ready to have a baby just haven't met the right person before now. I've been single since I was 20 so this is huge for me, finally feel I've met my soul mate and need him to fertilise me lol!

I had a period on 25 December and just had a mid month 1 day bleed but I don't know whether it was an implantation bleed or a small withdrawn bleed or my cycle trying to regulate itself. I've taken a test and it was negative so I don't know

Vanessa xx

Hi girls, can I join too?

I'm ttc #1 too: I'm 31 & my DH is 40, we've been together just over 4 years & married for just over a year!

I can't wait to be pg, esp since my best friend has just had a wee girl & she's the most gorgeous baby, I love cuddling her & really really want one of my own!!!!!

Sending :dust: to all!!!

Welcome to both you guys, happy to have you aboard!

Nessicle - Sorry its being so confusing for you. How many DPO where you when you got a :bfn:?

Flake-y - There are loads of babies around me at the min and it just makes me more and more broody too. Love the dress in the photo BTY. x

Nessicle - Sorry its being so confusing for you. How many DPO where you when you got a :bfn:?

Flake-y - There are loads of babies around me at the min and it just makes me more and more broody too. Love the dress in the photo BTY. x

thank you for the welcome! :D

well if I'm going by my period that was on 5 January which lasted my usual 4 days, I tested on 19 January (Tuesday) when I had a one day bleed very light didn't know whether it was implatation bleed or not so took a test and was negative, so probably would've been about 1 or 2 dpo and tested again yesterday and was negative again. So think I'm defo not pregnant this month! Only the first month of trying though so I'm not too disappointed! Hoping I take after my mum who's got four of us girls and conceived within 2 months for me and first time for the other three! How lucky lol!

AF is coming beginning of feb so me and the OH will just have fun til then he he

Oh right well heres hoping for you anyway. AF id due here on 29/30th jan so not that far off you.

Thanks!!!

I'm 12dpo today & feeling v nervous about sunday!!! Don't feel pg tho, thought I would have symptoms but don't really known what to expect.

Nightmare...:wacko::wacko::wacko:

At least it's the weekend-yay!

Thanks!!!

I'm 12dpo today & feeling v nervous about sunday!!! Don't feel pg tho, thought I would have symptoms but don't really known what to expect.

Hey Flake-y,

I saw you were nervous about today (sunday) - is that because your period is due or because you are testing today? Whichever it is - good luck!!

the OH and I have a doctors app tomorrow to ask about tests etc to see why we have not conceived yet. Any advice or good questions to ask, anyone?
Thanks for the doc Razcox, it is quite informative!

I had a peek at the softcups thread on here and without going into it too much on here I just wondered if any of you first time ttc ladies had tried them?

Amanda x

Thanks!!!

Hey Flake-y,

I saw you were nervous about today (sunday) - is that because your period is due or because you are testing today? Whichever it is - good luck!!

the OH and I have a doctors app tomorrow to ask about tests etc to see why we have not conceived yet. Any advice or good questions to ask, anyone?
Thanks for the doc Razcox, it is quite informative!

I had a peek at the softcups thread on here and without going into it too much on here I just wondered if any of you first time ttc ladies had tried them?

Amanda x

Hi Amanda, well I was due af today & thought I would test if it didn't show; I had some brown spotting last night then full af this morning!! Oh well, hey ho!

I was going to phone the dr in the morning to see if I could get an appt; this'll be our 6th cycle actively trying but we've not used any bc in over a year so I'm a bit worried now that there's actually something wrong.

I'm not sure what to ask either; thought I would see if dh can get a check on his sperm count & maybe ask about my cycles being a bit irregular; I'll just see what they say I guess! What about u, what are you going to ask about? I'm nervous about it actually...

Not using softcups; I don't really know what they are!!!!

xxxxx
:thumbup:

Hey Flake-y,

Sorry to hear your AF came :growlmad: mine came last week, I know how you must be feeling. When you are TTC it is a bit of a disappointment.

Well I have never used soft cups but I had a look on the thread and then googled them and they work like tampons but are little soft 'cups' that collect the AF. The women on the thread use them after sex to keep the sperm in! You can supposedly keep them in for up to 12 hours. Have a look at the thread, it is quite interesting.

My husband has had his :spermy: tested twice, one came back fine, one low sperm count. So we are not sure what to make of it. So at the docs he is going to ask for another sperm test. As for me, I am not sure what they test in women :dohh: so I am going to ask that! Then we are going to ask for advice such as which vitamins might be good, which products might help, (like lube etc) if there is anything he can prescribe and also what our options might be for IVF or something just so we are prepared in case! Ill come on here tomorrow after we have been to the docs and let you know what they said!

:flower:

Hi Amanda,

Hmm, softcups sound like a good idea! Might have a wee look at the thread.

Good luck at the docs, I will let you know how I get on too. Hope ur hubby gets on ok with his sperm check; & I hope its a good result this time!

My friend told me that they can check if u are oving, and if ur tubes are fully open. Don't know how they do that-hope its not painful! Think the men have the worst job tho; in a room with a few dirty mags; & apparantly if he spills a drop he has to do it all again!! Eek. I won't tell my hubby about that I think, it might put him off going...

xxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

Flake-y - Sorry AF got you, dont you hate the :witch: I remember when i was at uni it was always a blessing that she showed up not i hate it!! Hoe things change in a few months . . .

Re softcups they do look good and if nothing else will reduce the wet patch and mean i wont have to lie with my legs in the air for 1/2 afterwards!! If AF shows up on friday then i am going to give them a go. I will also be using Pre seed again and make sure we use it everytime we bd in the prime period. We used this the time i did get that :bfp: so it clearly helps. I have also got my DH back on his vits that aid conception lots of zinc to increase the number of swimmers. I use the sanatogen his and her ones but will be moving onto pregecare (i think thats what its called lol) soon.

Ummm its all very pessimistic i know but the last 12 months have taught me to try and plan for next cycle and that AF is going to show up. With a plan in mind i find it easier to cope the disapointment that AF brings . . . On the plus side 9DPO and the temps are still going up so keeping everything crossed x

Flake-y - Sorry AF got you, dont you hate the :witch: I remember when i was at uni it was always a blessing that she showed up not i hate it!! Hoe things change in a few months . . .

Re softcups they do look good and if nothing else will reduce the wet patch and mean i wont have to lie with my legs in the air for 1/2 afterwards!! If AF shows up on friday then i am going to give them a go. I will also be using Pre seed again and make sure we use it everytime we bd in the prime period. We used this the time i did get that :bfp: so it clearly helps. I have also got my DH back on his vits that aid conception lots of zinc to increase the number of swimmers. I use the sanatogen his and her ones but will be moving onto pregecare (i think thats what its called lol) soon.

Ummm its all very pessimistic i know but the last 12 months have taught me to try and plan for next cycle and that AF is going to show up. With a plan in mind i find it easier to cope the disapointment that AF brings . . . On the plus side 9DPO and the temps are still going up so keeping everything crossed x

Yes I will be doing the same; I used preseed 2 cycles ago & will def start using it again every time at ov! It's the pregnacare vitamins I use (the his n hers pack) so will go out tomorrow & buy more.

I'm feeling positive after getting a bit tearful this afternoon (not like me at all, must be the dratted hormones) & am determined to relax & not get stressed!

Am going to phone gp tomorrow for appt to discuss ttc; see if there's anything they can do about my erratic cycles!!

When u gonna test? FXed for u!!!!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"