• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First Time Bubba's *New team*

Hey Razcox,

Thanks for the opinion, I think the same as you. The doctor seemed nice, just a bit of a fuddy duddy if you know what I mean. good luck for your BFP this time! What do you mean your cervix is high?! I don't know this.....

xx

Hey Razcox,

Thanks for the opinion, I think the same as you. The doctor seemed nice, just a bit of a fuddy duddy if you know what I mean. good luck for your BFP this time! What do you mean your cervix is high?! I don't know this.....

xx

Well it seems to be the gen concensis (sp??) that a high cervix is a good sign as before AF the cervix is low but in pregnancy the cervix stays high

That's interesting about the vitamins. My doctor told me on my last visit that a store brand prenatal that was high in folic acid was the best thing. No reason to spend tons of money on the others.

I am 7 or 8 dpo right now and no signs pointing in either direction. I hate the TWW. Feels more like a two month wait.

Razcox, I think you are right. High cervix is a good sign. FX for you ladies. :dust:

Hey Girls,

Sorry I didn't come on here last night as promised, I have just started working at a Nursery and have caught a mega cold from all the kids there and I feel like I am dying!! I was in bed at 8pm last night :wacko:

Just an update for you as my husband and I went to the GP last night!

Well, he is doing a blood test on me, as close to day 21 of my cycle as possible. (for progesterone I think) so that will be in about 2 weeks. He is doing another sperm test on my husband so we will see how that goes.

He said not to worry as 20% of couples don't conceive in the first year. Of those 20% that dont 20% of those don't conceive in the second year, but that is still normal. He said if we relax and try not to worry, he will talk to us in a month or so after the tests come back and take it from there. He said we still fall into the 'normal' bracket of couples and we should carry on trying.

Just to be controversial (!) I asked him about preseed and vitamins. He said that he knew of no scientific evidence that preseed works and that if people got pregnant whilst using it, it was likely to be a coincidence. He said if anything it would make people feel positive like a placebo.

As for the vitamins he said the only noteworthy one worth taking as we all know is Folic Acid. He said be really careful buying all these special 'pre pregnancy' vitamins as some of them contain Vitamin A which actually has a negative effect on couples trying to get pregnant, so watch out for that!!!

After he shot down preseed and vitamins, I didnt dare ask about Softcups!!! I didnt want him to think I was daft! :dohh:

So, what do you all think of that.........

opinions please!!! :hugs:

Interesting!!! That's great you're getting tests done; ul have to keep us posted on how the results go!
I didn't know that about the vitamins; the pregnacare ones etc are really dear! Think I'll just get normal folic acid from now on. And preseed is pointless? How annoying, I've just ordered two packs!!! Oh well...

I guess he's right about trying to relax; I keep worrying that the stress of ttc is hindering conception chances; then I'm worrying about worrying about ttc...aagh!!!

I'm off to the doc next monday too so will see what she says.

ok so getting a tiny bit excited now just been to the loo and i have LOADS of pale yellow CM and my cervix is so high i can even touch it!

Very exciting! How soon r u gonna test?

:dust:

Well af due friday so if its a no show i will test sat :)

Pre-Seed isnt necessarily a waste. It's designed to mimic our natural fertile CM. If every cycle you know you ovulate and you know you have fertile CM, then it really wont offer much benefit. But for the women using Clomid who suffer from the adverse reactions of dry CM or women who have a lower vaginal PH, it can increase the odds because it acts as a protective barrier for the lil swimmers. They are trying to design more sperm friendly/water based lubricants because the typical ones like KY decrease sperm motility. But in all honesty, any water based lubricant would work from what I've read.

Hey Girls,

it sounds like it could be an exciting month on the forum, lets hope for some BFP's!!

I think that despite the doctor dissing preseed and vitamins, I am still going to use them. I think that psychologically they will make me feel better too. It will feel like I am doing more to help myself get pregnant, being proactive.

Evening ladies,
How are you all?

Thanks for the advice about bd'ing glad it is not just me :)

I do have a slight confession to make.......... So last night I was all a bit weird feeling and had sore boobs. then today I woke up feeling sicky and my boobs have been twingy all day..... so i did a test. yes I know it is way to early. I think I am 7 or 8 dpo as the ewcm came ealier this month on cd12.

I have no idea what to make of the result. I should not have tested I know but I am an addict! what can I do!

I think it is an evap but there is a very very very very squint your eyes faint line. I am just charging my camera now so I can post a pic in the gallery for analysis by the experts.

But..... My name is Mimi and I am a poas addict ..... :-(

As for the vitamins he said the only noteworthy one worth taking as we all know is Folic Acid. He said be really careful buying all these special 'pre pregnancy' vitamins as some of them contain Vitamin A which actually has a negative effect on couples trying to get pregnant, so watch out for that!!!

After he shot down preseed and vitamins, I didnt dare ask about Softcups!!! I didnt want him to think I was daft! :dohh:

So, what do you all think of that.........

opinions please!!! :hugs:

I am a huge beliver in Vitamins, I am reading patrick holford's pregenancy guide and they have some great points in there. And if all else fails then you pee it all out anyway....

Do agree to watch the vit A though as it can cause deformaties in pregnancy if too much is taken.

he sounds like a typical bloke though:growlmad:!!!!!!!!!!! for him a month is not a long time, to us a month is a lifetime......! :hugs:

Evening ladies,
How are you all?

Thanks for the advice about bd'ing glad it is not just me :)

I do have a slight confession to make.......... So last night I was all a bit weird feeling and had sore boobs. then today I woke up feeling sicky and my boobs have been twingy all day..... so i did a test. yes I know it is way to early. I think I am 7 or 8 dpo as the ewcm came ealier this month on cd12.

I have no idea what to make of the result. I should not have tested I know but I am an addict! what can I do!

I think it is an evap but there is a very very very very squint your eyes faint line. I am just charging my camera now so I can post a pic in the gallery for analysis by the experts.

But..... My name is Mimi and I am a poas addict ..... :-(

Mimi!!

Hurry up and get your pic on here!! I want to know if you have a BFP!!

I am still taking the vitamins! I am ignoring the doc on this one.

It is so hard wondering if every little twinge or symptom is really pregnancy - that doc does not have a clue! Mimi, if you are a poas addict, I am a symptom spotting addict!

xxxxxx

on the gallery :)

take a peek

the brand are bad for evaps though, foretel? an american one. I never saw them in the uk.....

Attachments

• IMG_5438A.jpg
    IMG_5438A.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5438AI.jpg
    IMG_5438AI.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 6
if you are a poas addict, I am a symptom spotting addict!

xxxxxx

I think i need a 12 step program! I drive my husband nuts!! I sent him 2 emails at work today just to tell him my boobs were hurting!! :rofl: he says i only want him for his :spermy:

x

FX for you MimiUK. I am horrible at reading those tests, but hopefully you get your :bfp:

Mimi; I have been squinting away at ur piccie & I'm sure I can see a line! U should def test again in a couple of days, could poss be an evap but I don't know much about them.

I'm still going to take my vits & use the preseed; doesn't do any harm & doctors don't know everything do they!!!

Fx'd for next month; I can't stand all this waiting; I have no patience at all.

:dust:

xxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

ok just tested again on a different brand "sure-aid. I think i got another evap! :-(

The line is really thin see what you think.... :dohh: showed up before 5 mins. looks more like a traditional evap to me!

we dont get the best brand tests out here and clear blue are soooooo expensive £20 for one digi. at the rate i test that is just sooo expensive.

hmmmm

un suprinsingly ..... I will test again tomorrow. Going on the hunt for some frer's :coffee:

Attachments

• IMG_5449a.jpg
    IMG_5449a.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5451a.jpg
    IMG_5451a.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
hey mimi!

Does evap mean the test has gone wrong? I don't know the lingo! I can see a faint line so FX!!

Hey Flake-y! What are you going to ask at the docs? Will you ask about softcups seen as I was too chicken?!

:dohh:

:hugs:
xx

ok just tested again on a different brand "sure-aid. I think i got another evap! :-(

The line is really thin see what you think.... :dohh: showed up before 5 mins. looks more like a traditional evap to me!

we dont get the best brand tests out here and clear blue are soooooo expensive £20 for one digi. at the rate i test that is just sooo expensive.

hmmmm

un suprinsingly ..... I will test again tomorrow. Going on the hunt for some frer's :coffee:

evaps are colorless or gray and show up after recommended test time... from what I can see, the line looks pink.... is it pink on the physical test??

Mimi - Fingers crossed the line is a :bfp: and not an evap, keep up all updated hun xx

Not in the best of moods today the PMA has gone out the window! Temps have dropped, CM has dried up but what there is has a pinkish tinge, CP is low and the slight pulling pains i have had are now full blown pre AF type pains. The :witch: is on her way again this month :hissy: I was so excited as well this month . . . Oh well onto yet another cycle. Off to buy some pre seed and softcups for next OV day

chin up razcox, in the words of leeny kravitz....it ain't over 'til it's over...

ooooo I have read about soft cups! they sound so funny but deffo worth a try. bit worried about toxic shock though, all those scary tampon stories my mum used to tell me... he he he

I want some too but i am not sure the indian pharmacists will know what i am asking for here!! They wont look me in the eye when i buy a hpt! I need to find some frer's. do you know if they have another brand in the US?

The line is pinkish on the test but so think and that is what worries me. they were all they had in the corner shop near us. when I went out at lunch time.

I am not that knowledgeble about cervix position or temps. If it does not work this time I will be fully embracing this and some good cuppage!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->