first time dad ???s

paramedicone

Reaction score
so to start i am not looking for attention just trying to seek understanding.
i will start from the beginning. last November my wife and i had a miscarriage at about 4 to 5 weeks she thought something was off but did not think about pregnancy because her ob told her that we would not be able to conceive on our own and we had tried several types of oral meds but with no aval.
we went to a day movie and after the movie she goes to the restroom and comes out crying. me being the man i am question what happened normal things like who said or did or tried something while you were in the restroom and while in the car she breaks down and tells me she miscarried and saw the fetus fall out in the toilet and then watched the auto flush send it away.
fast forward to this past Sunday at 0330 she has not been feeling very well and has had very strange symptoms for example very sensitive nipple breasts feeling heavy, sick to her stomach certain foods that make her sick by the taste foods that she eats daily, very fatigued, frequent urination, etc so i suggest that she start taking prenatal vitamins just in case she might be pregnant.
so at 0330 she takes a pregnancy test and it comes back positive we both cry because we have been trying for the last 3 years at least with no avail. with my medical training i think she is about 6 weeks pregnant from some of her symptoms she thinks she is about 4 weeks our first baby appointment is on the 27 of feb.
words can not describe how happy, excited, and nervous i am. and not nervous about being a father but a miscarriage happening again.
is there anyone who has been in a situation like this or close to this and how did you prepare yourself or stay in a good mind set to help you? right now i am so nervous when she comes home from work i do everything for her like cook, clean, laundry, get her things to drink so she does not have to get up to much. on my days off i clean the house and cook dinner. every time she has a different pain or cramp im googling it like crazy to see what could cause it. it is so hard to separate myself from my emotions and nerves like i do at work.
so if anyone can please help me with advice or information i would be very thankful.

First off congratulations... And I have had a similar issue doc told me at first that I would only conceive with fertility meds and tried them and they worked but that ended in mc then we had ep in august and they told me I would only be able to get pregnant with ivf. And low and behold here I am 8 weeks along pregnant naturally by the grace of GOD. The easiest way to deal with it is just take it day by day and stay off google. Its normal to have aches and pains just remember as long as she isn't having any severe cramps backache or spotting or bleeding then its all just part of the growing pains, and if your religious keep the baby in your prayers. I talk to my little one almost daily that helps to. GOod luck H&H nine months

You will both have anxiety regardless of what you do or don't do. My recommendation is to look at the FACTS:

15-25% of pregnancies end in MC. That means 75-85% are successful and go to full term!!

Of those that do end in miscarriage, it is something that you really can't control. Usually a chromosomal abnormality at the time of implantation. NOTHING you can do about it or prevent it, so try not to worry about it and realize the previous MC was not either of your faults

REJOICE!!!!!!! Because you have gotten pregnant TWO TIMES when medical doctors said it wasn't possible. Try not to think too hard about tomorrow because today you and your wife are PREGNANT!!!!

Congrats!

I'm sorry I don't have much else to add but just wanted to say congratulations to the both of you! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->