First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Hello ladies~

I found you!

My background - we have been TTC since Nov 2012. Started seeing the RE in Nov 2013 - 4 IUIs - all negative, with cysts developing between each. The plan is to start the IVF cycle (bc) in mid July with the stims starting beginning of August - I get back from a vacation on 8-4. I had developed a couple of monster cysts during my last IUI cycle in April - they were still there at the beginning of this cycle. Doc did another scan last week - one is gone and the other was still at 17mm. He thought I would be fine, but it turns out my estrogen was still pretty high and so he wanted me to take a trigger shot. Insurance wouldn't approve it but he had me come in today to take one that they had at the office. I had a little spotting yesterday - not sure if that was AF starting or what. Not sure when this cycle will end now and how it will effect my IVF schedule...

I plan on putting 2 eggs back in and then freezing the rest. It is actually more likely to conceive multiples now a days with the IUI then the IVF because they limit the number of eggs that they put back.

Anyways - best of luck this month Erin - and everyone else, FXed you don't need it!

Oh and I will be doing ICSI due to hubby's low morphology. If his numbers had been better the doc said he was considering cancelling the ICSI but since it is still low, he still recommends it.

Hi Moni, thanks for popping over! I'll be transferring two embryos as well. So far, not doing the ICSI, but I was very relieved to hear that if they don't see the sperm penetrating the eggs, then they will do the rescue ICSI.

Have you guys thought about the Assisted Hatching? It makes us sound like chickens, but apparently, once they see the embryos in the lab, they sometimes find that a hard outer shell has been the culprit all along, and the embryo just can't hatch on its own. If they measure your embryos' shells and they're thicker than normal, they can apparently slough off a bit of the outer shell before transferring them, to give them a better chance of hatching and implanting. According to my paperwork, they will be doing this if they find it necessary once they view them under the microscope.

One good thing about IVF is that it's often the time when they finally discover what might've been making it so difficult to get PG, that they can't find out from any other regular testing. Like above, for example... an embryo with a thick outer shell that it hasn't been able to hatch from to implant. Or sometimes the eggs themselves have hard outer layers that the sperm can't penetrate on their own (hence one of the reasons for ICSI). A few other things too. A friend of ours found out during IVF that only 1 out of every 5 of her eggs could produce a viable embryo. It was apparently something genetic which they can't find out from blood tests from the mother, only genetic testing of cells from the actual embryo itself. She had been PG a few times in the 2 years that they were TTC, but had miscarried each time, which was why her RE did the genetic testing on her embies. It gave her the answer to why she kept miscarrying, and the one good embryo they put in there became her beautiful baby daughter, now 6 months old. Medical technology is truly amazing.

Hey everyone...I just did my appt to talk to the dr about ivf. Long story short, I plan to do 2 more IUIs before considering IVF...but I got a price list & lots of info...very overwhelming. The one thing that sucks is I would be on bc pills for 2 - 3 weeks before IVF...but what's another month, right? We did not get too into the IVF talk. Basically the 3 of us are still putting a lot of faith in the IUI.

Hi Moni!
Glad you made it over here and I hope that free Ovidrel shot does the trick and gets you moving forward.

Beaglemom-maybe you said it before but how many IUIs have you done? Why did you decide on two more? Because of costs or timing?

ERose-you always have such great success stories. I always have lots of information to ask the doctor, so I will ask about that too. I am all for helping where they can and it would be good to know what the problem is for next time. Eek! Will there be a next time?? Ha ha.

AFM-I have an appt. on Monday morning to discuss IVF. I'm still hoping I don't need it, though. Fxfx :dust: for all.

I have had 3 IUIs with my regular gyno...I was on clomid & used opks for timing. But the timing was always screwed up mainly because my body felt like ovulating on weekends & they are not open like an RE. But they were much cheaper. Last cycle was my first with the RE. We did femara, follistim, trigger, & monitored with ultrasounds. The main reasons I am sticking with IUI is the cost, it is easier on my work schedule than IVF, and so far our only obstacle is low sperm count. All my tests have come back great so there is no reason to think it can't work. And I think 3 cycles fully monitored is a good number. Also I do still have time on my side. I know after 3 cycles I may have spent close to what IVF would cost, but I just feel better giving it a try before moving on.

Oh & in case I didn't mention, this cycle is only femara because I was out of town when I would have been doing IUI. I could get incredibly lucky! Still waiting on AF.

beaglemom-Oh ok that makes sense. Sucks that you missed a few chances at your gyno because of weekend ovulation, but hopefully these monitored IUIs will work in your favor. And NO AF!!! fxfx. hee hee.

My doctor said that if it doesn't work after 3, your odds decrease, so that is why I was only going to do three, but since my insurance says I can move forward, two it is, and I'm moving forward. hee hee.

Yes I am still holding on to some small hope that this month actually worked...but nothing was on our side this cycle...but who knows? I am not feeling much today...I am also not sure how long of a cycle to expect. I have not tested anymore since Saturday. I am basically just going to wait it out...I really don't think this is our month. But I am excited for next cycle...my dr is increasing my follistim dose so hopefully more than one egg next time!

Hey ladies! It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well and has good plans in place. I'm almost halfway through the TWW. We leave for vacation in two days so I'll find out with a HPT while I'm away. It would be amazing to get great news while we are away! We plan on meeting with our RE when we get back if it's another BFN and starting BC to get the IVF ball rolling. I'm still processing it all - but hoping to not have to go there. Baby dust to all!!

Terri, I hear ya on that! Two was it for me since my insurance said I didnt have to do 3 before moving on. My RE said our chances of conceiving were actually really good if we did another couple of IUIs (in fact, she even felt we'd be able to conceive in a few months w/ just meds and intercourse at home... she wasn't even pushing IUI, but I was ready to get the ball rolling). All the odds are in our favor; however, I just don't want to roll the dice anymore. I suppose if i had a crystal ball that said YES, you will be PG again in 3 months, I'd wait. But I dont have that crystal ball, and I'm just exhausted over this whole process. I'm ready to be a mom now.... not 2 years from now, not 1 year from now, not 6 months from now. DH and I are both in parent mode. We're really feeling it. My RE was great about it... she said while we have a great chance of conceiving, she was happy to do what we were ready for. I'm still holding out hope for you this cycle though girly. I really think you have a great chance w/ this IUI #2!!!

Hi Emi!! Glad you checked in. :) Have a great vacation, and keep us posted on the HPT. Here's to hoping you get a BFP and that you don't even have to move on to IVF!!! :thumbup:

beaglemom, that's great news about your Dr appt (like I said on the other thread, hehe!). Great that you feel so good and positive, that's definitely the way to be! I do think you have a good chance with your IUIs, and since you aren't in a hurry, its for SURE worth the shot! :thumbup:

Hi to our other girls, if you're checking in. :flower:

Have a great trip, Emi! Enjoy yourselves.

beaglemom-I love how your signature changes every day, but now I'm sad that your ticker says CD1. I was HOH for you this cycle. Do you know HOH (holding out hope)?

ERose-The old crystal ball wish. hee hee. Yes, if I had a crystal ball, I would do the same. Mine got crushed in 1987. HA!!HA!!

I've just been so tired. Not exhausted, but just sleepy. I think that's my progesterone side effect. They way I've been falling asleep so early, you'd think I was prego, and I wish I had that excuse to be so lazy. Unfortunately...we won't know for another few weeks. I have a little thought in my brain that it might be a small case of depression, but I don't really want to say that out loud. :nope:

Thanks, Terri. I was using the fertility monitor before I went to the RE. I don't use it anymore, so now I really have to use my signature so I know what CD I am on...lol!

But I may have changed it too soon. I had red when I went to the bathroom yesterday...normally I start with a brown/rust. So I had a tampon & it went to brown. Then when I went to bed I was cramping more so even though I had nothing when I wiped, I used a tampon when I went to bed. I woke up this morning to a clean tampon. I have had the off & on cramping, but nothing else. So it is weird. But I don't think I have officially started yet. I did take a test this morning & it was negative.

I'm getting excited beaglemom!! And, if you were just cramping this morning it's too soon to test. You have to feel the cramping and then wait a few days (or so I read. :wacko:). hee hee. FXFX (I'm going to do capital letters for more impact).

I'm getting excited beaglemom!! And, if you were just cramping this morning it's too soon to test. You have to feel the cramping and then wait a few days (or so I read. :wacko:). hee hee. FXFX (I'm going to do capital letters for more impact).

Thanks! I told my husband & he is excited too. I am trying not too be to excited. I mean, this month was poorly timed sex, no opks, & only femara...but it could happen. I also had one wipe of red on about 10-11 DPO. So who knows, right? :)

Hi everyone! Just checking in...i'm super bloated after my second IUI. I was bloated the first time, but I could hardly walk yesterday evening. I looked like a :jo: creeping out of the car yesterday for dinner. HA!!HA!! I'm a mess. I even had to change sundresses because my first dress looked like I was 3 months pregnant (maybe? HA!!HA!! I'm not sure what that really looks like, but that's how I felt).

Hopefully this will be the last, but with a 2M count, I'm not feeling very positive. I did test my trigger today and yay! BFP. HA!!HA!! I'm not testing again until closer to the 30th. The "not pregnant" phone call didn't work out so well for me last month. :(

Have a great day today and don't forget to call your dads! I think we're all TTC#1, right? Kelly, I can't remember how many you have, if any.
Yep TTc #1...got in late in the game! lol I am wondering about testing or not before my beta....i did last time, had a good cry and then went for my bloodwork. Not sure if it's better than the phone call from the nurse or just different. I was going to wait for beta this time but second guessing myself now. Hmmmm. this sttc makes you nuts eh? :wacko: Anyway, 8 days to wait now.....halfway through my 2ww. Hope you are feeling flattened out. I am now! Can't rely on any symptoms i may feel cuz i am on progesterone so....leave it in the angels' hands i guess. :)

Kelly-I started late too, so no judgement from me. I just couldn't remember if this was your try for 1st. Yes, it sure does make you nuts. Well, let me know which way you decide to go. HA!!HA!! I bought a bunch of ICs because I figured I would want to try testing, but even with having them, I don't want to pull the trigger. So...I will wait until next week. It's fine by me because I'm still taking my temps and they suck (even with progesterone), so I'm not hopeful. It'll be one week for me on Saturday.

beaglemom-I see your ticker changed again. :hugs: So sorry to see that. Just when you start to get the smallest glimmer of hope, we get shut down. You're not alone.

How is everyone else doing?

Nothing going on here...still taking my progesterone and prenatals. One week down, one to go. :coffee:

Aw man, beaglemom, so sorry. I was getting excited, and I'm sure you were too. So sorry. :hugs: Well on to your next IUI... you've got a great plan and your Dr sounds so confident, so I feel good for you!

How's everyone else doing?

I haven't updated here, so I will now. Started STIMs yesterday. If my body responds as planned, we estimate ER around July 2nd, which will mean ET on July 5th or 7th, depending on whether they decide to do a 3-day transfer or 5-day transfer. Getting very excited, and a little nervous at the same time. But the excitement really trumps any nervousness, so I've been feeling an all-over giddiness really. :winkwink:

Thanks. I am glad to finally have this cycle over with. Ready to move on. I was not too hopeful on a positive so I really don't feel down or anything. Just ready to get the credit card out and move on!

Sorry Beagle.

Erin - how are the stims going...so excited for you.

AFM - still waiting for AF and not sure when to expect it since I took the HCG shot so late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->