First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

ERose-I hear you on the embryos. I am thinking that if I have extra I will freeze them as well. They were discussing the costs saying that it was like $1800 for a year (or something like that). I'm ok with that because a) I'm already spending a million on IVF, so if I'm lucky to have extra embies, I might as well save them, and b) I only will want them for a year because we will know if we're going to have another kid or just adopt. So....one year at $1800 is plenty. I don't think they will offer my old eggs to anybody, but of course, if I were younger I would totally give them away.

Moni-Definitely keep us updated on the results.

Got a call from the nurse yesterday about yesterday's blood results. (Each day's results determine whether the meds remain the same or dose changes). She said my estrogen went up nicely, more than doubled. I was thinking... hmm... at my 1st blood draw, they didn't want it to be high, so they lowered my meds. 2nd blood draw, it more than doubles, and they are happy w/ it. I guess my estrogen is supposed to go up, but there is a specific range of numbers they want you at during each blood test. First one (310) was a tad high, so they lowered my meds. Second one (779) was exactly where they wanted me, so meds stay same.

Tomorrow's appt will determine whether they want me to come in both Sat and Sun also. They start testing my P tomorrow to see how ready the follies are, and if tomorrow's u/s shows a few of the dominant follies a bit bigger than the others, they will want me in Sat and Sun both. But if all the dominant follies are still growing at about the same pace, they may only need me in on Sun. Typing all this out is making me realize how fast its coming up. As long as blood and u/s continue looking good, Monday will be my pre-Op visit, and then ER on Tues. Its kinda just now hitting me! CRAZY.

I'm glad I started this thread, even though you guys aren't in the middle of IVF at the moment (and hopefully you won't have to go there at all!). But it really helps to get all this off my chest as its happening (especially with you ladies that I've been talking to for months), since DH is the only one I really talk to about it. Thanks for listening, girls. :flower:

excited for you Erin - chat away!!!

I like hearing all about it too, especially since I'm right behind you. It's a lot of monitoring and testing, but if rather have too much than too little, like some people. So excited for you and yeah, it is seriously right around the corner!!

Hey Erin...god luck this weekend and Tuesday! fx'd for you. I haven't had much to add here just following along...my second IUI was a bust so Doc wants to do a laparoscopy on me before we decide our next step. We get to try naturally for a cycle or two! Woooot!! Beagle, I remember you from the other thread. Wishing you all the best on this new cycle. :) Terri, how are you making out? Still getting beta done Monday? Moni, hope the two weeks waiting for your test results flies by. :dust: all around

Thanks, Claire. I start my follistim tonight...u/s on Mon to measure follies & hopefully IUI on Wed. I am really excited about my higher dose, so I have high hopes.

I got a bfn yesterday so I know I'm out. Especially with my temperature drop of doom. I am still scheduled for Monday for the blood test. I may call and see if I can just cancel it, but I'll probably just go and get it done anyway. Into IVF.

Good luck Beaglemom and sorry Kelly. Negatives suck.

Thanks Kelly! Sorry your IUI was a bust. But GL with the laparascopy, and here's to getting your BFP during a natural cycle! :thumbup:

beagle, excited that you start your follistim tonight and your have your appointment on Mon! FXd for two or three nice big follies. :winkwink:

terri, I saw that temp drop, but I'm still not gonna lose hope for you. Will you test, or just wait it out?

Moni, how are you feeling? Anything new?

AFM, this morning's u/s and blood draw went fine. Same 15 follies growing, and my lining looks good. Nurse just called though, and they are dialing back my Gonal F again, this time down to 75. From 300 to 225 to 75. So maybe the follies need to slow down a bit, or my estrogen was higher than they like again (I didn't think to ask, which shows you how scatter-brained I'm feeling since I'm that patient that asks about everything). They do want me back Sat and Sun both, which probably correlates with above.

terri, I think we may have been posting at the same time... so you already tested, huh? Urgh. Sorry Hun.

Yeah, sucky....I always think of ttcseattle when I have a drop at the end, but I have a feeling it's the beginning of the end. So....my tatas were super sore late to beginning of this week, and now nothing, so I think it was a side effect of the P. I'll still temp tomorrow morning and see what happens. I think with such a low (at 97.6) it's bound to go back up a little, but maybe not. I'm still not hopeful. Not even for a late BFP at this point. Just need to get ready for TX.

We're going to the Os game tonight (with my pom pom and baseball ring, see pic at left) and I will be drinking a Miller Lite. Yay! Have a great weekend all.

Enjoy terri! I love going to live games! Have a good time and enjoy the Miller. I still think of ttcinseattle too, with that temp drop she had right before her BFP, so we'll see!! FXd, even though you don't have much hope. But I never lose hope for anyone. And regardless, you know you're on your way for sure. That made my BFN after my last IUI much more bearable. Those BFNs were starting to take a toll on me emotionally, so this last one was a lot easier (even though I had gotten my hopes up anyway!), because I had my plan in place and had gotten the ball rolling.

Anyway, I'm outta here... headed home to cook dinner with hubs and be lazy and watch movies. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine is going to be a different sort of weekend with a 9am Dr appt both days, lol. But that's ok. Its certainly for a good cause, and I'm right in the thick of it, which means everything is about to happen soon! :happydance: And I can get the appts over with early and then hit my pool for the rest of the day. :thumbup:

Terri, hope you enjoyed the game. and sorry your hpt's were neg. i am "older" too so I feel your pain! But we'll get em next time girl!! Don't give up the ship! I had a couple nice big glasses of wine tonite so sorry if my spelling is off. lol. Onward and upward for us both right? GL on your next cycle w the ivf. Erin....enjoy the pool and yes a busy weekend built all for the best cause ever! A good lining is always a good thing! Mine always seems to be a little thinner than i would like. Thinking good thoughts for you and all those follies! How many will you transfer? sorry if you already said.... Beaglemom, thanks for the kind words, all the best and tons of baby dust. GL Monday and Wednesday. :dust: :dust: Keep us posted! :)

PS what happened w ttcinseattle? She Thought she had a bfn but turned into a bfp? I love stories of hope. :)

Kelly-yeah it was probably day 12 or 13 and her temp dropped below cover line. She thought she was out, took a test and it was positive. All of the chart stalkers were like 'Whoa! No way!!' Hee hee. But so far so good and she's almost ready to have her baby. And she's "older" too!! It always gives me hope at the end of the month.

ERose-hope your appointments go well tomorrow and Sunday. The Os beat the Tampa Bay Rays 4-1. It was our company sponsored game so I got to see a lot of coworkers and hubs met a lot of them. I talk about them all the time, so he can finally put a name with a face.

Tomorrow I'm doing laundry and packing for TX. I have to refocus for now. I'll have to remember to take my bcp. Instead of temping, I may just get up to take medicine. Blah. Why?! Why?! Hee hee. I'm being so dramatic.

Awesome. Hey! Have fun in Texas! And don't forget to take your pill! lol

Quick update.... My Sat and Sun appts went well, and my RE confirmed I'm ready to go. Trigger with Pregnyl tonight, and ER scheduled for Tues at 9:15am. Tomorrow I'll have my pre-Op appt in the morning. I now have 17 mature follies, but no way to know how many eggs they'll get out of there for sure, and certainly no way to know how many embryos we'll get. We're not doing ICSI, so nature will determine that part. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

Terri, hope you had a great time in TX and that you remembered to take your BCP. :winkwink:

Beagle, GL tomorrow at your appt! Fxd for your two eggies!

Hello to the other girls! Hope you all had a great weekend! :flower:

Terri, I realized after I posted that you're still waiting for AF... I guess you haven't started the BCP yet then, right? Assuming you have to wait for AF to come and then go?

Kelly, I forgot to answer your question, so sorry! We're having 2 transferred. Hoping at least 1 sticks, and I'm ok with twins if both stick (in fact, we'd be thrilled). Triplets are another story though, lol! Wouldn't want to go there, just in case. My RE doesn't do 3 anyway, unless there are extenuating circumstances, like repeat failed IVF cycles or something. We'll freeze any others that we have left, and use them if this cycle fails. If the cycle is successful, then we'll keep the rest for our next pregnancy, which we'll probably do pretty fast after the first since I'm turning 38 in a few weeks. That's the plan as of now, but of course anything could change. If I've learned anything through this ttc journey, it's that things definitely don't always go as planned, lol!

I'm still here! Hee hee. I leave Thursday morning.

So happy your tests went well and you're ready to go. So exciting!!

I go for my bloodwork tomorrow and then I'm picking up the bcp after work. I will need to work out a schedule to see when I will start it (CD2-6) and then I can schedule the rest of the stuff (class, the saline fake test, etc.). So when AF gets here I'll be ready to go.

I'll try to get back online before I go and see how you're doing. Get your food and stuff so you can chill out after retrieval and after the transfer. Fxfx.

Erin - good luck & take it easy afterwards.

I had my CD 10 u/s today. When she used the wand I started feeling really crampy & uncomfortable (not painful). I never felt that before with the u/s. Then we found out why. I have 3 follies measuring at 16 & 1 at 14. We are not sure about the 14, but the other 3 should be good by the time we do IUI. I was thinking maybe they were too small since last time was 18 & 18 seems to be a magic number. But reading online it says they can grow 1-2 mm a day...plus I heard the trigger boosts it some as well. So I am pretty excited. When I left the dr, I actually almost cried. I feel really good about it. We plan to BD when I get home from work & trigger later. Last time the trigger really made me feel awful, so I am thinking maybe going before would be better. My husband was not able to come this morning because my mom stayed over & she doesn't know anything about our TTC. So I left on my own. I feel bad he missed it, but he is also really excited. So let's all put positive thoughts that we have a decent count on Wednesday!

Glad to hear your appointment went well beaglemom! That trigger seriously bloats me, so BD before you take it, so you can just feel like a blob the next couple days. hee hee. Well, that's the side effect that I have from IUI. I will be hoping for a decent count on Wednesday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->