First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Your DHs mom is funny in this instance, but I'm still mad at her for slighting you on your bday!

I'm so happy that your results came back normal, although I knew they would too. I guess if it makes you feel better and can afford to do it, why not? I'm sure if I have a failure, I'd be doing the same exact thing, although I need more freaking eggs for that scenario. I'm too scared to lose them. Luckily you had a lot. Oh, and I'm still not sure whether I have frosties just yet.

Beaglemom-my place said that they like people on bcp for two weeks. I chose three weeks because I had two vacations in a row coming up out of state too, and I wasn't changing them for anything. You also don't know how quickly or slowly your follies will grow, so it's best to keep your calendar pretty open once you start stimming. I'm really glad that you are starting the process sooner. I think waiting around would just upset you.

Booger-I'm also a girl you can hate. I'm pretty thin, but I think now that I'm 40, things have started slowing down. I hope I never have to go on a diet because I have no self control. I don't like a lot of sweets/soda, so that's one thing going for me, but I do love rich, fatty, buttery meals. I always tell my friends that if I had the choice for more dinner vs more dessert, I choose more dinner. And light on the veggies! Hee hee. Of course, with my couch potato plan I have two types of green lettuces, fruits, eggs, milk, yogurt, granola and such. This baby is getting the best from me these next two weeks.

Jen-it's not necessarily true that fresh gives you the best chance, especially if it's hard on your body. Have you looked at the success stories? I don't know whether they say whether they are fresh or frozen, but you might want to browse a few and check out those results. You know your body the best. I just hope you don't get a sucky anesthesiologist! Ha!

I think my hubs is going to like me being downstairs and out of his hair for the next few days. I feel like I have a cabana boy, and that makes me happy. Hee hee. Oh yeah one funny-he said 'hey with a retroverted uterus, :dog: style is the best. I told him 'well we are not doing it any style for a while so you can chill with that!' He said 'how long? I said 'um, 9 months!' He said 'the lady said 5 days. I was listening to that part of your discharge information' boooooo. :haha:

I know you can never know for sure how your IVF cycle will go, but I am pretty confident at least in the follicle growth stage. We already know the dose I am on & what it does...I seem to respond well. I have never had to delay an IUI to allow my eggs more time to grow. I am looking over my IVF stuff & she had said 2 - 3 weeks on bcp. So IF I have 28 day cycles, in mid Oct I will start a cycle & that will actually give me 6 full weeks until the week of Thanksgiving starts. So that is what I am hoping for. But it may still be cutting it close.

I also am considering just using fmla for 2 weeks for IVF. Still not sure. My job just seems to be driving me nuts right now & I am not sure how it will be when I am pumping all the drugs in to me.

My husband is still hoping for a positive. I will try to remember to test in the morning.

Yea, Jen, I agree with terri... Fresh doesn't necessarily give best results. In fact, stats are starting to go the other direction (I learned in my seminar, lol), and they're starting to see tiny bit higher success rates with FET. Some clinics are even encouraging their patients to do a freeze-all after the stim cycle, and do FET later. And it's for the exact reason that you describe.... If your body gets all messed up from stim meds, it just won't be ready to receive embryos. I was ok on STIMs, but didn't feel my best after ER. Like I said, I still had quite a bit of fluid in my ovaries, plus my estrogen was high. While there's no way to know for sure what kept the embies from sticking, my RE said the inundation of such a crazy amount of hormones may have made my lining unreceptive to them.

Terri is good to go though.... Her E was good, and from the way she described, her ER didn't seem to mess her up quite as much as mine did.

There are plenty of successes with fresh, as well as frozen. It's really your call, and I know it's a hard one to make when you're SO ready to be PG! I know there was no way I was passing on the fresh cycle though, because I was just too ready to get the show on the road. And I'm still ok w/ that too.

Btw, terri, thanks for being upset with my MIL in my honor! Lol! I'm still not happy with her. We saw her last Sat for DH's grandma's bday, and just in passing she says in this grumpy tone... "Oh, btw, Happy Birthday...I didn't get to see you guys." Wtf? :nope:

Oh yeah one funny-he said 'hey with a retroverted uterus, :dog: style is the best. I told him 'well we are not doing it any style for a while so you can chill with that!' He said 'how long? I said 'um, 9 months!' He said 'the lady said 5 days. I was listening to that part of your discharge information' boooooo. :haha:

This literally made me laugh out loud!! That's too cute!!:haha:

Haha Terri! My husband always pays attention to that part of info too! Ugh! I'd better get the best dr in there to KNOCK ME OUT! I usually have a high tolerance. I think 10 kidney stones prepared me for this. I plan on feeling really good and happy on retrieval day. My acupuncture guy (we will call him dr hottie) said exactly that Erin! So many clinics actually like to do frozen. I guess it really depends on my feelings after retrieval. If I'm feeling positive I'll do it. If I'm layed up and grouchy, forget it. I will wait another cycle for sure.
Beagle, my clinic told me to block out 35 days for a normal ivf cycle. 6 weeks is plenty of time...but don't forget to test in the morning!!

Oh I'm still annoyed at MIL too! So rude.

Ha ha ERose-I'm glad you think my hubs is cute. Hee hee. He's a goofball. He did leave me and go to work today, so I have some me time, but I'm supposed to be working from home today, so I'll have to turn on my work computer in a bit.

Jen-the anesthesia will knock you out. The worst part is the after effects of retrieval. Everyone is different and it depends on how many eggs you have, etc. You'll know what's best when the time comes.

Moni-today is the day. I hope you can trigger tonight! Fxfx.

Beaglemom-sending tons of positive thoughts your way for a double pink line or plus or 'pregnant' results.

I took my temp this morning and it dropped big time so I started to worry. Then I remembered the ol' implantation dip. A girl can dream. :shrug:

Still had a negative today...so now just waiting for AF to start. I will test again in a few days if nothing shows. I was so mad at myself this morning. Somehow I have no frer at my house. So I just used the wondfo. I am feeling fine today...usually I do after taking in the negative result. I do not feel too bad but I still think AF is coming. I am actually getting excited about taking a break. I think it will be good for us. I plan to still use opks, but nothing else...keep up with the vitamins. And hopefully starting tonight, me & my husband will start walking in the neighborhood for exercise. I am really hoping my timing works out around the holidays. Just hoping for regular cycles these next 2 months. I was pretty much 28-30 days before TTC. I am so ready for our vacation...2 weeks from today we will be on the road!!! I cannot wait...we both really need it. My husband asked what we will do. I said I want to spend as much time as possible just sitting on the big porch of our cabin doing NOTHING!

Terri glad it went well.

I am triggering tonight. I had to run back home because he wants nd to take 2 ovidril shots andI had only packed one. Then off to Massachusetts. I take a hpt tomorrow so I don't have todrive back for a pg test. Retrieval on Sunday. Doc thinks we may get ten eggs out of me and he is happy about that.

With the bcp youcan time it. I didn't do the full three weeks and you can do more if you need to.

I'll Update on Sunday when I am layingdown for the day. Hard to do in the car...

Beaglemom-Sorry about another negative. :hugs:

Great news moni!! I'm so excited and happy that the timing is going to work out. Why do you have to take a pregnancy test? Oh yeah...to make sure you're not prego. I forgot that your clinic lets your egg and sperm freewheel the best way they know how. HA!!HA!! So now do you hope you're prego or not? Interesting...

Ten eggs is a good number. I was hoping for 8, and got 14, so 10 is almost right in the middle! Are you taking Monday off work? Have a great time at the party...see you on Sunday after retrieval-let us know how it goes! <3

Terri glad it went well.

I am triggering tonight. I had to run back home because he wants nd to take 2 ovidril shots andI had only packed one. Then off to Massachusetts. I take a hpt tomorrow so I don't have todrive back for a pg test. Retrieval on Sunday. Doc thinks we may get ten eggs out of me and he is happy about that.

With the bcp youcan time it. I didn't do the full three weeks and you can do more if you need to.

I'll Update on Sunday when I am layingdown for the day. Hard to do in the car...

Won't the trigger give you a positive hpt?

beagle, sorry about the BFN again this morning. :( Your vacation and your break from TTC will be great for you guys.

With Lupron, you can time it as well. If something pops up and you decide you need to delay stimming, you simply continue the Lupron if you need to readjust your timing. BCP is the more common one on here for sure, probably because its one less injection. I just threw it out there because you weren't sure if you'd be pushed out to Thanksgiving, so I just mentioned it because it would get you started on the "down-regulating" process sooner. But since you've figured out now that you'll have plenty of time before Thanksgiving, sounds like you're covered!

Moni, ten eggs is good! They might even be surprised and get more... Both mine and Terri's RE's got more than what they predicted in the couple days leading up to the ER. So you never know. Either way, ten is a good number! I'm excited for your ER on Sunday, so give us an update when you get time. Enjoy your weekend! Glad it worked out!

Speaking of BDing during stims... we weren't restricted either. They said I wouldn't O before it was time since they were suppressing it all the way up until the day of trigger, so they didn't seem concerned. I had to do a blood pregnancy test though, because they wanted to make sure the trigger had worked as well as they wanted it to...? Weird... they didn't do that for the IUIs, but they did for the IVF. I wont need to trigger for FET, wuhu!

Oh, you remembered I was testing today terri, thanks for asking. :flower: yep, I did... Bfn of course. Even though it's early, I don't have any expectations, but just want to be sure so I can stop the Lupron if needed. Guess I'll note that on my chart.

You're welcome! You know I test vicariously through everyone else!! Hee hee. Sorry for the BFN, of course. I think your temp is going to jump higher tomorrow. I sure hope mine does. I still can't believe I may have the elusive implantation dip. I'm trying not to think about it too much because implantation really would have just started. I just hope the babes continue snuggling in!

Oh, I Know! Seriously, it's kind of amazing that you have that dip terri!! Seriously, they hatch soon after they're inserted, and my RE acted like they'll typically implant pretty soon after that, so I was thrilled to see that dip for you! How awesome!! I bet that's what it is. :happydance::happydance: They're def snuggling in, I just know it!!! I KNOW IT.

I had the assisted hatching, so maybe they were already raring to go. That would be so amazing. Since I have those stupid ICs maybe I will use one sooner than the 25th.

I'm honestly ready to just send them to Wish! Ha ha. I know you're lurking sometimes Wish, so if you want them say the word. I am going to keep some for myself though.

I talked to my bestie today and she was telling me about her 40th birthday party menu at The Four Seasons. I'm just praying that on the 23rd I have my appetite. I have my outfit planned, and I'm really looking forward to going. She also mentioned the five different wines that will be served. I may just have to take a small sip of each and call it a night! Drink small sips until it's pink. Hee hee.

That is exciting Terri. I don't temp but I know you guys know what you are talking about. I looked back at last month & I should start spotting tomorrow. I don't really feel anything today. I am actually getting really excited about the months off & then IVF. I never thought I would be excited to be moving on to IVF. I hope Terri, Moni, then Erin all get :bfp: one right after the other...then hopefully I will not be that far behind you.

Erin, if my cycles start running long, I may ask my dr about doing Lupron instead of bcp...to speed it up. But if they don't do that there, I can just do bcp & prolong that process to move me into late Nov/early Dec. I never had any issues on bcp before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->