First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

beagle, I hope your next IUI doesnt get screwed up from the trip! Maybe you can figure something out with that P, like you said. If you can get the timing right... But I'm still totally hoping for a BFP for you this time around anyway!!

Quick update... the nurse called today to let me know how many embies made it through the freezing process. We have six frozen little babes.

Also, right before she called, something occurred to me... during my pre-Op for the ER, she scheduled me for a 3-day transfer (that's their protocol, so that if they have to do a 3-day transfer, they at least have you on the books), and while she was at it, she counted 14 days from THAT day to schedule my blood test. I'm going out of town on that Sat, so I wouldn't have been here for the 2nd beta 2 days later. So rather than cancelling my trip, i just asked if she could bump it up a day. She said 13 days was fine, and they could do the 1st test on the 17th, and then we could hit them up on our way out of town on Sat morning for the 2nd beta. Well... after I ended up actually having a 5-day transfer, they didn't bother pushing those appts out 2 days. When the nurse called today about my embies, I asked her if she could look up my appt for me, and sure enough, it's still the 17th. So I'm keeping it for now. If I don't, then I either have to cancel my trip, or not go in until I get back in town 6 days later.

beagle, I hope your next IUI doesnt get screwed up from the trip! Maybe you can figure something out with that P, like you said. If you can get the timing right... But I'm still totally hoping for a BFP for you this time around anyway!!

Quick update... the nurse called today to let me know how many embies made it through the freezing process. We have six frozen little babes.

Also, right before she called, something occurred to me... during my pre-Op for the ER, she scheduled me for a 3-day transfer (that's their protocol, so that if they have to do a 3-day transfer, they at least have you on the books), and while she was at it, she counted 14 days from THAT day to schedule my blood test. I'm going out of town on that Sat, so I wouldn't have been here for the 2nd beta 2 days later. So rather than cancelling my trip, i just asked if she could bump it up a day. She said 13 days was fine, and they could do the 1st test on the 17th, and then we could hit them up on our way out of town on Sat morning for the 2nd beta. Well... after I ended up actually having a 5-day transfer, they didn't bother pushing those appts out 2 days. When the nurse called today about my embies, I asked her if she could look up my appt for me, and sure enough, it's still the 17th. So I'm keeping it for now. If I don't, then I either have to cancel my trip, or not go in until I get back in town 6 days later.

I don't know about the whole IVF process but seems to me like that would be enough time. No way I would be able to wait another 6 days...seems like the timing is working out.

Glad things are going well ERose. I'm in Arkansas for the night and should be home on Sunday afternoon. I'm enjoying having only my motorcycle for transportation. The temps today were off the charts HOT after being super cold this morning, but it hasn't been too bad the whole week. I'm definitely not complaining.

beaglemom-I also hope the timing works out for your next IUI as well.

Moni-Where is AF?! What a pain...She'll probably show up Monday just to freak you out about your IVF protocol. Are you going to do BCP first? I have been taking my pills every day. Not at the same time, but within the hour of each other. The crazy thing is that they look JUST like my high blood pressure meds, so I have to pay attention when I'm taking them.

Kelly-Hope you're well. <3

Terri, sounds like you're really having a fab trip, good for you! Get home safe today. Glad the BCP is going well and you're not forgetting. ;)

I have nothing new to report. The further into my TWW I get, the more nervous I get. Wish I could just relax about it. Oh well, I just have to keep telling myself, it's gonna work!! My sister and her hubs and my 3-yr old niece arrive today, so that should keep me distracted while we continue to wait.

Hi to moni, beagle, and Kelly! :)

I hope the family visit keeps you distracted. I volunteered at my library book store, so that kept me busy yesterday. I am trying to get focused enough to clean today...I am so easily distracted when I try to clean. I went to Target & found a great deal on a play pen...so I got it. They had cribs but not the kind I want. When you do get that positive, be sure to check them out often. I find a lot of baby clearance there...marked down significantly. I think they also had a glider marked down...but we have decided to buy a leather recliner at Sam's when we start getting the nursery together. Very comfy & cleans easily.

I got a neg yesterday...still early. Not too much longer for you to be able to do a hpt.

I made it home safely. Just wanted to check in. More this week as I'll be back at work and bored out of my mind.

Hey all - AF finally arrived yesterday!! Hoping to get day 3 scan and bloods tomorrow and starting this ball rolling. Yes, I will be starting with the BCP. So this should work out with starting the injectables right after I get back from vacation.

Almost there beagle and erin!!!

Terri - when do you start the injections?

Moni-Yeah for AF-finally, and perfect timing for starting BCP. I will have to look at my schedule again, but I'm thinking I will start around the 24th or 25th of this month. Are you taking 3 weeks worth of BCP? My clinic said it doesn't have to be 3 weeks, but because of my vacation schedule, it was just easier to take all of them (or most of them).

beaglemom-Thanks for the information on Target. It's stored in my brain...

We put the play pen up last night. Our spare room is crazy...stroller car seat combo & a play pen but no baby...lol! Good thing no one goes in there. I am still unsure if I want the play pen...I guess these days they call it a play yard. But I will see what I think.

Another neg today at 12 dpo...but I have a few days. I think I will test Wed & Fri. If still neg Fri, I will stop P & wait for AF. I am starting to feel a little down about it...but I know soon it will happen.

Moni I am SO EXCITED you will be starting IVF soon. I just wish we were all on the same time line. But I can always hope for a BFP this cycle which would put me & Erin on the same due date...or next IUI & I will be paired up with you. I really hope I don't need IVF...more so because I am just SO READY to be pregnant already. But if IVF is what I need, that is what I will do.

I don't know if I told you guys, but we are thinking the low count this time was because not enough time for them to replenish. I don't think with any of the IUIs we had sex close to IUI. I think my gyno said to give it 48 hrs. I know the last IUI we had not the night of trigger. Here is a sad fact...we really don't have sex much besides during the trying part. I think we are just so exhausted & everything go in my body lately just makes me not in the mood. Anyways, so last IUI we probably had not had sex any that cycle...I can't remember. Possible we did around CD 8. So this past IUI we did on night of trigger (as instructed by RE) & super low count. So we plan to abstain longer on next IUI if we need it. So I may try on CD 7 or 8...then nothing until IUI which has been on CD 12. We have done nothing else different so really no reason to have such a low count. His count steadily rose post wash with every IUI. So that is what we think happened.

I need to post this on my IUI thread...those ladies are not all TTC #1. But I had a weird pin needle feeling a couple inches to the left & down from my belly button. It was weird...it almost felt the way it feels after an injection...but nowhere near the injection spot. Off & on cramping today as well. I heard this pin needle thing could be the egg implanting...not sure...I hope it is a good thing.

Anyways...I am excited for the IVF ladies...& excited to see how Erin's results turn out.

beaglemom-ooh, the pin needle thing sound interesting...remember this feeling. It may be the start of your BFP. The docs told me to abstain for 3 days, so if I were you, I would BD on CD9, if your IUI is on CD12. That will give him a few days to re-up, and yeah, if you didn't have sex at all this cycle and he didn't have a party for one, that probably contributed to the low count. I agree with you guys there.

And...if you guys don't BD all the time, big deal. No one will judge you. I'm almost to the point where I don't even really feel like doing it until it's baby making time. It's sad, but it gets so overwhelming-counting days, thinking about replenishment, and trying to make it all sexy and romantic can be too much!

I'm hoping you get a BFP so you can be with ERose, and if not, you can be with me and/or moni. Not sure of Kelly's schedule at this point. I hear you on talking with others who already have kids. Sometimes you feel like you're alone, but that's why we're here! These #1 babies are going to be amazing!

beaglemom-ooh, the pin needle thing sound interesting...remember this feeling. It may be the start of your BFP. The docs told me to abstain for 3 days, so if I were you, I would BD on CD9, if your IUI is on CD12. That will give him a few days to re-up, and yeah, if you didn't have sex at all this cycle and he didn't have a party for one, that probably contributed to the low count. I agree with you guys there.

And...if you guys don't BD all the time, big deal. No one will judge you. I'm almost to the point where I don't even really feel like doing it until it's baby making time. It's sad, but it gets so overwhelming-counting days, thinking about replenishment, and trying to make it all sexy and romantic can be too much!

I'm hoping you get a BFP so you can be with ERose, and if not, you can be with me and/or moni. Not sure of Kelly's schedule at this point. I hear you on talking with others who already have kids. Sometimes you feel like you're alone, but that's why we're here! These #1 babies are going to be amazing!

Thanks. I think for us, life in general can feel so exhausting. We are not on the same schedule when it comes to work. And I am so tired from hormones & appts that when I can relax, that's what I do. We def have our quality time though...we eat together & watch our shows together. Sometimes just being together like that feels more intimate. I just feel like if we can get past this TTC part, we can just be so much more relaxed (in a sense). We can focus on the imprtant stuff...no more drugs, injections, appts over an hour away. The end result will be so worth it, I just want to get to that point already!

Totally with you Beagle - the meds and stuff just made me feel real blah, and then the cysts made sex painful - which was why I took a couple months off before really injecting the stuff into my body. But I am ready now.

I just asked the doctor and we will still be set to start 8/5 or 8/6 - so it will be about 2.5 weeks of BCP if I start tomorrow. This is getting real!!

I just checked my paperwork, and my last BCP is to be taken on 7/23 (Wed). I go in for bloodwork and u/s on Thursday morning to make sure all is well. If that's the case, I will start taking my injections 4 days after my last pill, so that would put me at 7/27 (Sunday). Eek!

My pill was supposed to be something that any pharmacy carried, and I ended up getting a generic because that's all they had in stock. Make sure you go to the pharmacy right after work today in case you have to do a bit of running around to find it.

beaglemom-I totally hear you. Sometimes just being in the same room is enough for me. :hugs:

I just checked my paperwork, and my last BCP is to be taken on 7/23 (Wed). I go in for bloodwork and u/s on Thursday morning to make sure all is well. If that's the case, I will start taking my injections 4 days after my last pill, so that would put me at 7/27 (Sunday). Eek!

My pill was supposed to be something that any pharmacy carried, and I ended up getting a generic because that's all they had in stock. Make sure you go to the pharmacy right after work today in case you have to do a bit of running around to find it.

beaglemom-I totally hear you. Sometimes just being in the same room is enough for me. :hugs:

That seems so CLOSE! How exciting!

I def love when I am home by myself for a day or in the evenings when he works. But when he is off, I am just ready to be alone with him. It is funny because when he works on the weekend, he will call & I will just be like if you have nothing to say, I have some Netflix to watch. I love my alone time. But then there are days where I just want him to be home already! When I go out of town, he has no idea what to do with himself!

terri - so I will be about 10 days behind you!

HA!!HA!! Beaglemom-I was just gone for 9 days and hubs was SOOO lonely. Yet, I'm home from 4pm-8pm every day and I'm perfectly fine. HA!!HA!! I just got married, so I'm used to just being by myself and watching baseball, cooking shows, playing on the computer, etc.. I guess I know how to fill my time with something.

HA!!HA!! Beaglemom-I was just gone for 9 days and hubs was SOOO lonely. Yet, I'm home from 4pm-8pm every day and I'm perfectly fine. HA!!HA!! I just got married, so I'm used to just being by myself and watching baseball, cooking shows, playing on the computer, etc.. I guess I know how to fill my time with something.

When my husband was on 3rd shift, he was home every day when I came home. I would watch the people's court. He would talk & I would say, I just need 1 hr of the people's court...I just need to not think about anything for 1 hr.

I'm dying laughing...I used to watch Judge Judy religiously. Even my mother would call and i'd say 'mommie...Judge Judy is on, I'll call you in an hour.' HA!!HA!! Funnily enough, she did the same thing to me when Big Brother was on.

moni-Were you able to get your pills? When are you leaving for vacation?

Oh man...you said pills & it just occurred to me I had a crazy dream...don't remember much. But I do remember having to get my BCPs from my mail in pharmacy & thinking oh god how long will this take? That is weird. I hope I do not need it & the IUIs work.

Hi girls. Terri and moni, so exciting how close you're getting!! Oddly, I'm finding that time has been going by pretty quick with the whole IVF thing. Things seem to drag by sooo slowly during other cycles, but the past month or so seems to have just flown by (well, for me it has!). You girls are SO close now!! Getting very excited for you!! Beagle, still holding out hope for your bfp this cycle. And I agree, the count could've been down from not abstaining longer. Fxd you'll have good news in a day or so anyway!!

On my end, I'm losing hope a little. Not completely, but it's sort of a gut feeling. I tested BFN this morning on a hpt. I'm only 9dp5dt, but that's sorta like being 14dpo. I won't lose hope since the clinic doesn't do blood tests until later than that for IVF patients, and there must surely be a reason for that. I just read so many girls getting IVF BFPs at home by this time, many more were before this time. Then again, I also read about plenty of late BFPs as well. I should've just stayed off the internet and not tested at home at all. Anyway, blood test is Thurs, and I don't have anymore tests at my house, so will probably wait until that. If bfn, we'll just be shooting for a frozen transfer as soon as they allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->