First time mom & terrified

gigglebox

My husband only makes y sperm
Reaction score
I'm popping over from the 2nd tri to see if anyone has any words of wisdom. I'll be a first time mom and yesterday and today I have just been hit with absolute fear! I know it was triggered by starting a registry but I haven't been able to shake the feeling.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm fearing, I suppose all the change and responsibility and I'm a little scared I'm going to fail my child in some way...It's a very frustrating place to be in and I would LOVE some words of wisdom from anyone who's been in this position or any seasoned mums who can reassure me that I will be OK!

Hi hun. I think what your feeling is perfectly normal for 1st time mums, I remember feeling this way with my son. What you need to remember is, you will make mistakes, because everyone does, BUT there's no other person can look after your son better than you will. Your his mummy & you will protect him no matter what. These feelings your having speak volumes about how much you already care for your son, try not to worry hunni, what you don't know you will learn & you will be a fab mummy! x

^ pretty much said what i was gonna say! :haha:

though i will also add... make sure that you make it easier on yourself by not focusing on the pain in labor (this makes it hurt more), as i know all too well that is a frightening time for you as a first time mummy (it was for me) i now DO actually look forward to the labor because i know all too well what comes after it...
the most beautiful baby i will ever lay eyes on! and you will feel exactly the same, you'll forget that you were even worried for even a nano second. PROMISE xxxxx :hugs:

This is 100% normal!! I agree with the other posters. I think I would add to walk and use the tub/shower while in labor. Also I feel like the pain of labor isn't as bad if you don't let them break your waters. Also don't let them make you labor on your back, the rails are your best friend while in labor if you are in the bed. Don't tense up during the labor because it makes labor longer and harder/more painful. Most of all enjoy this all!! You will be a great mommy!!

Thanks ladies--it's all so overwhelming! I guess just seeing all the stuff I'll need made me think of how much work a baby is, and on top of trying to maintain a house and take care of my animals...it makes my brain hurt. But I know I will have others to help and I know all the work that happens with a baby doesn't happen all at the same time...I wish I could just shut my brain off at will!

oh love - its not everyday that you know your life is going to change irreversibly- its totally normal to feel a little overwhelmed by the thought of being responsible for a little life and not having the practical experience it can seem overwhelming- dont panic, you will find that babys are really forgiving and that you pick up the whole looking after a newborn really quick, you will be more than fine i am sure

thank you ladies, your words are so encouarging!

kage--that was very helpful, thank you :)

Think most people feel like that. Its a huge life changer becoming a parent-it doesn't take long to get the hang of it, and you will be fine.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->