First time moms, will you celebrate Mothers/Fathers Day if it's before baby is born?

Eniala

Reaction score
I'm not due until the beginning July, so Mother's Day and Father's Day will be before baby comes as long as he doesn't come early. Do any of you have something special planned to celebrate Mothers Day or Fathers Day, or will you wait until next year when you actually have your child?

I bought hubby a onesie of his favorite football team with our last name across the back and the number "13" since that's the year baby will be born. I am planning on putting it in a box and giving it to my hubby for Father's Day. I don't expect him to do anything for me for Mother's Day, which is totally fine, but I just thought it'd be fun to do something since it's so close to when baby will be here

My husband is buying me my first Mother's Day gift even though she probably won't arrive before then. He said I'm still a mother even if she hasn't been born yet! :)

We have a 3D ultrasound scheduled for Mother's Day weekend, it is my gift to my mom (we live in different states and this is her first grandchild so I thought it would be special for her). But it is also a gift to me too, getting to see baby girl again! :)

For Father's Day I've gotten my husband a travel coffee mug with "*our university* Dad"...I gave it to him early though. I'm also going to order his diaper bag, it has his favorite football team's logo on it.

ETA: My mom will be at the ultrasound with us, that would be good to know :haha:

We've already had mothers day here. Dh spoiled me rotten with chocolates and flower and a charm for my bracelet. I feel like I'm already a mum and wanted to celebrate. Baby will be here before fathers day and I will spoil him back. I think it's nice to celebrate.

Naw I won't be doing or expecting anything. I'm not really too invested in the little holidays anyway. Just seems a little self serving to me when the baby isn't even here yet. But that's just my opinion! Might get blasted for it. :)

mother's day was a month or two back in ireland and my husband surprised me with treats, so even though I didn't expect to, we celebrated it

I'm currently on baby #2, but when I was pregnant with my first, we definitely celebrated Mothers and Fathers Day. DH and his parents both got me flowers for the "Mommy to be" for Mother's Day (and baby was not born until October). :flower:

I've told DH I would like to celebrate Mother's Day this year. My parents will actually be here by then, waiting on the arrival of their first grandchild, so we'll probably end up focusing more on my mom than me if the baby isn't here yet!

If I wasn't due so close to Mother's Day, I'd probably say let's just forget about it (except maybe try to wrangle a meal at a restaurant out of it or something :haha:). Yes I'm already a mother, and DH is already a father, even if the baby isn't here yet... but I guess probably if Mother's Day was falling when I hadn't even reached 3rd tri yet, I'd probably just ignore it overall. If I was early 3rd tri or not due close to Mother's Day, I don't know what I'd want to do.

In UK mothers day has already passed but will def be celebrating fathers day regardless of whether baby has arrived. I am due on 10th June so that gives baby 6 days to make an appearance before fathers day!

I don't expect to be celebrating mothers day. i wouldnt feel right celebrating before she has safely arrived and plus for me i feel like it would make my "real" first mother's day next year less special.

My DD was born a week or so after Mother's Day. We didn't celebrate as she wasn't here yet, and me being myself didn't want to jinx it lol

My first Mother's Day was with her and it was wonderful :) xx

No, I won't be doing anything special for myself since baby isn't here yet. I don't think I'll feel like a mother until baby is in my arms and I'm actually 'mothering' her. This year it'll still be all about my mom :)

I'm not expecting anything but if OH surprises me with something I wouldn't mind it. Baby will be here before fathers so we will be celebrating that one.

I will be. Personally I think a woman becomes a mother when she gets pregnant. Just as someone who has a lot of friends who've lost babies. They're still moms.

I'm not big on holiday's like that so it's not something I'll be planning for or expecting. My husband, however, likes to surprise me with flowers and such, so who knows.

Of course, all he'll probably want for father's day is sex, typical male that he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->