First time taking an OPK...questions

channy3232

Reaction score
So I should be ov around the 8th. I decided to pick up a cheap OPK at the dollar store today just to see what happened. I've never done one before. So the control line should be darker than the test line right? The control line wasn't very dark to begin with, and the test line was VERY light, but definitely there. So if I take another one tomorrow, will the test line be darker? And does that mean I ov 24-48 hours after the line shows up the first time? So like 24-48 hours from today when I took the test pretty much? I guess we can just :sex: like crazy for the next few days lol

So I'm staring at the test trying to figure it out. If I wasn't close to ovulating or wasn't ovulating at all, only one line would show up right?? And like I said, the line is pretty light, so I should test again tomorrow and when the line is as dark as the control line then I should be ov in 24-48 hours? I'm so confused! Lol
and I think I'm shocked too that I got two lines because my doctor recently did bloodwork because she thinks I have PCOS so I wasn't sure that I was even going to ovulate at all!

The test line needs to be as darker or darker then the control line! And because your surge can last as little as 12 hours it is wise to test two times a day after not peeing for awhile (some say 4 hours some say 2 hours with limited drinking) we always have LH in us so if you held your pee long enough that it wasn't diluted then you will get a faint line!

Thank you so much for explaining that!! So I'll always get a line as long as I did the test right. Bummer. I thought it was the start of my surge :( I'm going to go get a few more tests tomorrow and try again. Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->