First time taking Clomid

mrs.green2015

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

Today was my appointment with my RE doctor after Ttc for more than a year. He has prescribed me 100mg of clomid cd 3-7, which starts tomorrow. Since this is my first month taking it and I was hoping I could get some advice or success stories.

Hi mrs.green3015!

I am a day ahead of you in terms of the Clomid! I started my cycle yesterday so maybe we can keep each other company! It isn't my first month on Clomid so I can totally tell you about it! Clomid essentially suppresses your natural estrogen levels and therefore your fsh levels increase to compensate. This is my third time taking Clomid but to be fair the first two times I was unwell at ovulation! On 100mg I have always got two follicles which in my head gives me double the chance! Are you being monitored by ultrasound?

Generally I would have an ultrasound day 9 of my cycle by which point my ovaries definitely felt like something was going on! Then I would be told to dtd for the days he thought I should and be given the ovitrelle shot (again not sure if you are having no this)!

A few tips given to me were:

Drink lots of water for plump follicles
Take good prenantal vitamins including Omega 3 supplements
Invest in preeseed! Clomid can make your cm thicker and less hospitable to sperm but preeseed can help with this
Keep your diet paleo based during the tww!

Like I said I just started my Clomid yesterday so will totally keep you updated on the next few days! One last thing I wanted to mention was relax ( probably the worst advice to any ttc'er but it helps)! Good luck!!

Hey Green :) Not sure if you remember but we originally chatted on the TWW General Chatter thread, you gave me some great advice about lingerie. :)

I'm in the same boat as you if you would like to be buddies, I'm just waiting on AF to show up, but this will be my first cycle on clomid as well, if you'd like to chat sometime I'm almost always online. :)

Ms- thank you so much! Glad we'll be clomid buddies. This is actually the first cycle I'm not stressed out. I'm just super excited! I'll be buying my OPKs and preseed this weekend. My doc wants me to use the digital ones so I'll do that just so I do everything right.

Mommy- yes I remember! When are you expecting AF? Are you doing 50mg or 100mg?

My first round of clomid in October 2013 resulted in my ds. My second round of clomid in January 2016 resulted in a chemical pregnancy. So it definitely works for me. We are looking to so another round in May.

50mg for starters, and im either cd10 or 2 days late... I had some strange light spotting on cd25 thats got me rather confused. you?

Hey ladies!

Today was my appointment with my RE doctor after Ttc for more than a year. He has prescribed me 100mg of clomid cd 3-7, which starts tomorrow. Since this is my first month taking it and I was hoping I could get some advice or success stories.

Hi, dear! Wish you all the best with the treatment. I passed 1 round clomid in 2012. Got positive test result that time. Everything with taking meds went on well for me, no uncomfortable factors. Unfortunately due to some reasons my pea couldn't develop longer than 2.1 months.:cry: Don't wanna make you upset.
Have my fingers crossed for you having all this worked out soon. Hugs x

Regin- so sorry about your mc! Thanks for your experience though. I've heard so many good stories about getting bfp the 1st or 2nd month on clomid so I'm excited.

Krissie- thank you Hun. I love the positive stories. And so so sorry about your cp.

Mommy- I'm confused. spotting makes everything so confusing. How many days did you spot for?
How long have you been ttc?

Weve been TTC since February last year. I had light bleeding (only one change a day) for 2 days then only spotting when I wiped for another 3. AF is usually very heavy, but as she is now 3 days late im not sure where I am in my cycle, just waiting it out.

That's odd. I have no idea what to say. Lol
We started officially Ttc last March so our journey is similar.

Yeah my OB/GYN didnt know what to make of it either, we thought for sure it was implantation bleeding, but my blood test came back negative.

What does she want you to do now? How are you supposed to start clomid if you don't know what day you're on lol

Hi ladies- mommyhopeful2 can they do some bloods or an internal ultrasound? I had a cycle with just spitting and my gyno did an ultrasound to see how think my lining was- it was 8mm so I hadn't had a period- he then prescribed me provera to start it.

Mrs Green how is the Clomid going? And side effects or anything yet? I'm on day 4 of my pills and feeling something going on near my ovaries! I have also been doing yoga which I never thought I was patient enough to do but it is making me more relaxed! Do you go back for an ultrasound?

My OB/GYN said to give her a call monday if AF hadnt showed up because it was due the day i went to see her and she didnt want to run any unnecessary tests, because my appt was at the end of the day and we were waiting for blood test results....

So if AF doesnt show by monday ill give her a call back

Mommy- that's so odd. I hope it gets sorted out soon
Ms- last night was the first night. No side effects yet except an upset tummy, but I get that with any new medication. I'm not being monitored by ultrasound. My doc said it was unnecessary as of now but if we need to in the next couple months we will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->