First time ttc!

anti

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm new to this site and new to ttc. I've just come off the pill (cilest). I was on cilest for 3 years and before that I was on a different pill for 4 years when I lived in Zimbabwe. So been on the pill nearly 8 years. My last pill was last Saturday. Af came Wednesday night. She usually turns up Tuesday! Anyway, she's still here now. Nearly gone and it's Sunday now. My and my partner are going to be trying for our first baby. He's got a 12 year old with an ex partner. I'm gonna be 23 this year so I know I'm still young for all this but I'm ready. He's 37. I'm really excited but feel like I need advice and support so anyone in the same boat or anyone with advice, please send it my way. thanks girls.

Hi Welcome to TTC forums! Good luck to you and lots of :dust:

I'm 31 and TTC # 1, But I have never been on BCP so don't know how your cycle works when you stop them. You are very young and time is on your side. Are you planing to use OPKs and BBTs? They definitely help to pin point ovulation.

hello and welcome

i'm also 23 and ttc my first so i dont think your too young at all lol the only advise i would give is you might need a little more time for you body to settle after bcp but you never know hope you catch that eggy soon and loads of:dust: :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: to you

Hi ladies. Thanks for your support!! I'm going to start opks and bbts next week. Bought the stuff on the net and should be with me tomorrow!! Hope I can work it all out! I've read up about it all so hopefully after the first few months I'll know what I'm doing! I don't want to get too into it coz I don't want to stress myself out but I also want to know when my best chances are. Hoping my cycle returns to normal pretty quickly!! Me and my partner have a very active sex life anyway so I'm not to worried about planning when to have a baby dance but it's just nice to know whats happening in your body!!

Wishing lots of baby dust to you all aswell!!!

BCP's really screw with your body. So dont expect things to happen right away. As you go thru bc withdrawal you will feel as though you are pg. Dontn get your hopes up for a few months. I personally was on seasonale and now totally regret it. Pharmaceutical companies market bc as being safe and harmless, this is a LIE!! And I wish I knew that years ago. I am only 22 and went off bc in January and Im glad that im still young cuz I dont know how long it will be till I catch a sticky bean. I am going to give it a year before I expect it to happen. Since I went off the pill my cycles have been soo irregular and the only way I know to track my cycles is to track my O. I am thankful that I am Oing because I have heard to some women that experience amennorhea for many months and have to go on a different pill just to get their AF started again.
Sorry if I am ranting a bit, I am frustrated at this point in time that I am just finding out about the dangers of BCP.
Good luck to you. Dont expect it to happen straight away and you'll be fine.
Stay positive!!

Hi kimberley17. I have heard alot about bcp messing you up totally and it taking months to go back to normal! Just like you I'm furious this wasn't made clear when I went on bcp. we were only planning to ttc next year but then decided to come off bcp now and start trying now. So even though we'd like it to happen sooner rather than later we'd be ok with it taking a little longer I guess. Will be hard and frustrating but I know it'll get there and we'll all have babies soon!!

Hi Anti, welcome to babyandbump! im 21 and ttc so dont worry your not to young :) hope to see you in some of the forums in the near future for a chat and hopefully to celebrate some BFP's :) lots of babydust to you!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->