First time using opks

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I started using OPKs for the first time on CD12 and had a faint line.

Now I'm feeling confused. From the left:
CD14
CD15
CD16 (today)

Was CD15 when I hit my surge? Or is it just being weird and I'll hit my surge later?:shrug:

Any help is much appreciated!!:flower:

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15
is it same colour as control line irl hun? These are mine now https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=150690 xx

No, it's more like a shade lighter - although it is a little darker irl than the photo shows.. But with how the line is nearly not there I wonder if it was a positive... I'll have to wait until this afternoon to take another OPK.

I find OPKs don't work for me. Never gets darker than the control line. To be on the safe side, I'd try as soon as it gets close! Do you have other ovulation symptoms?

I've been having some aches in my side, but not as bad as it usually is. So we'll just BD some more to be safe and keep using OPKs as I get closer to what my two phone apps say is O time. Ugh, I never knew ttc could be so confusing!!

Ttc is so hard and stressful have fxd for you xx

Thank you! I'm trying not to stress as we are only on our 3rd cycle of trying, but it's still upsetting that it's taking longer than we had hoped.

Theyre all negative hun, keep testing, good luck!

ETA- Just seen your cycles are around 37 days? I wouldn't expect a + OPK until day 20-24 ish in that case xx

I'm suppose to be cycle day of 34 but got very positive opk on CD25 and today my body bit backward lol xx

Theyre all negative hun, keep testing, good luck!

ETA- Just seen your cycles are around 37 days? I wouldn't expect a + OPK until day 20-24 ish in that case xx

My last two cycles were 37 days so I'm going off of that. I began testing early because last cycle I had O symptoms earlier than expected. So I'll just keep testing all the way through I guess.:shrug:

Here's CD17 OPK, it's darker than yesterday's but no where near as dark as CD15. I'm having major bloat and pains on both of my sides, which is surprisingly as usually it's one side or the other. Could CD15 have been a positive and now I'm ovulating?

ETA: sorry the pic is backwards for some reason!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
I would keep testing and bding hun I was like that didn't have a clue, sometimes they can look dark and the next be light so confusing xx

A surge doesn't last very long really so its possible you could miss it by 6 hours for example, and it would be dark when you test but not positive. My dr has me test twice daily in case and also has me go by the darkest line of my cycle just in case I miss my positive by a few hours.. We're undergoing cycle monitoring and my last two dark opk's have corresponded with my scans for ovulation.

I always found that the darkest line of my cycle was the one (even though I never got a 'true' positive) - and that while I got EWCM several times in a cycle, it stopped after I'd ovulated. So, we made sure to try every time there was a dark line and EWCM, and then we were normally able to retrospectively figure out when ovulation took place, so knew when to take the HPT.

Hope that's helpful!

Thanks ladies, well if it was a semi positive I hope that we caught the egg! Sadly we only BD the day after that test because DH just hasn't been in the mood.:cry:

I'll keep testing as I haven't really had too much cm while I started testing but right now I'm having some ewcm so hopefully I'll get a positive here soon!

If we don't catch it this cycle I'm definitely purchasing bulk on Amazon!

I dont think cd15 was + hun, the lines can go darker and then lighter again from one day to the next, but once you get a + there is no mistaking it. Id really recommend the IC Opks, then when you think youve got a + on those, use the more expensive ones to confirm. Means you dont 'waste' so many of the expensive Opks- and also the ICs mean you can test a couple of times a day! :flower:

I dont think cd15 was + hun, the lines can go darker and then lighter again from one day to the next, but once you get a + there is no mistaking it. Id really recommend the IC Opks, then when you think youve got a + on those, use the more expensive ones to confirm. Means you dont 'waste' so many of the expensive Opks- and also the ICs mean you can test a couple of times a day! :flower:

I used the ics first then got the expensive ones I wasnt wasting money on expensive ones so yea go with ics hun I agree xx

I think I got 20for 3.49 something like that they not bad for that and they great xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->