First time you were ever broody?

calm

Reaction score
I was 17. Quite immature for many age in my aspects. But the day I looked after for a week my 2 younger cousins, I changed. They came over Spain on a holiday. Their mother, who never wanted children and didn't hide this fact, gladly handed them over to me. Elle was 8, and liam was 3. They were with me night and day, sleeping next to me in a sofa bed. I looked after them on my own, even cooked their meals, told them stories, took them shopping, helped them get ready for bed... When they went I felt like something had been torn away from me, I then found a little sock of Liam, I cried and cried... I wanted them back, I wanted to be that person I had been for that week, I was broody for my own children.

I was broody as a teenager as well, but that passed until I actually found someone I wanted to settle down with - then I was in my late 20s! Now I'm broody again!

Mine has been around for years but it properly 'switched on' after we'd moved in together. We were settled, secure and happy.

I was never broody before Caitlyn was conceived, I didn't want children, now I want loads!!

Never until possibly one incident a couple of weeks ago but even then I am not sure it was. I have always wanted a family but until I met my boy, no one ever came close to being the person who I wanted to be their Dad. I have quite a good ability to seperate things and to me, no Dad means no baby so, as much as I wanted them one day, it wasn't the right thing then so I didn't get the broody feelings.

Even now we are NTNP, I don't feel broody as other people describe it, we just want to have a baby together, to make a little life and work as hard as we can to bring him/her up properly and give them the best that we can in an emotional sense much more than in a material one.....does that make sense?

xxx

Yeah I kind of feel the same as you Pops :) Atleast the second part, Was never broody as a teenager though.

I've always known I wanted kids but I think the broodiness properly started after we got married. Just feels like something in my head has clicked. Saying that I think in my case it's not a severe as some other ladies here. So talk again in a year?

God iv allways wanted kids, i started getting broody at about 18 but something just snapped about a year and a half-2 years ago and its been killing me for the last 7 months.

Ive always known that my main goal in life is to have a family of my own, I got Broody big style last year when a few of my friends started getting pregnant and then this year when they had their babies, made it even worse! lol xx

i became broody when my my nephew was born 18mths ago, i had alot of involvement with him and i named him aswell (thomas) he is more of a step nephew as it is my step sis lil boy but we are all so close, ever since i have wanted my own more so than ever,

I think for me, it was about a year after I met my husband but really broody, that was 4 years ago when his cousin was born. We'd both pester his mother every night after work to look after the baby!! Even more broody since my nephew was born a few weeks ago!

I've always known I wanted kids but I think the broodiness properly started after we got married. Just feels like something in my head has clicked.

Same here! Id always wanted kids, but i started getting crazy about it after i got married.

I've been broody since about 20. Getting very broody the past year. Lost the plot type broody the past 3months

I've always known I wanted kids but I think the broodiness properly started after we got married. Just feels like something in my head has clicked.

Same here! Id always wanted kids, but i started getting crazy about it after i got married.

Me too!!!! Although I'm not that crazy about it yet, I want to have a baby, but I'm glad to have time to prepare myself and save up. Even so, I'll prob go bonkers by the end of the year (there will be only 3months until ttc) and get really upset if we dont concieve in the first month, no matter how many times I've told myself it prob will take longer... xxx

I was 18 and had just met my now fiance. We'd not long got together and I had a 'scare'. As soon as I got the negative I was devastated, even though I had previously been terrifed of the prospect and the timing was completely wrong, as I think I'd worked myself up to accepting the idea of having a baby. Since then I've had very broody days and it's been worst when I'm around young children and pregnant women. When I held my friend's son it just felt so right and I have a great time when I go to see my fiance's family, which includes our niece. I think I knew as soon as I got with my fiance that he was the one I wanted to be father of my children; in fact one of the first conversations we had as a couple was about baby names and having children! :cloud9:

Beca :wave:

When I was ten. Honestly. My little brother came in to the world and he was such a beautiful child, innocent and pure, and with us after such a traumatic time for my parents, and holding him in my arms I knew then I wanted nothing more than my own child. But I also want the family unit, the child with the man that I love, the man who is going to be a wonderful father, so have never been so broody that I have only fixated on the baby - its the family I want xxx

I've got 3 little urchins already, and I can't say I was ever broody before having any of them, but I can tell you for a fact that I knew for certain within minutes of giving birth to my youngest (now 7) that I wanted another.

I've been so broody the past year or so that I swear I can actually feel my ovaries throbbing when I see pregnant women or new babies and I'm still not certain if OH is even going to agree to add to the team yet!

The most basic way I can put it, is that if someone told me that I'd never be pregnant again, I'd be devestated.

I don't think I felt properly broody till my late 20's - when the big 3-0 was looming I got all keyed up about getting married and having kiddies but still had to wait - circumstances weren't right and then it took ages ttc. I felt VERY broody when my LO was about 1 yr old and "lost the plot" broody (love that expression!) while ttc for 17 months for no.2. Now I think I'm in the lost the plot catergory again as Eddie is only 2 weeks old and I want another one! :rofl:

I don't think I felt properly broody till my late 20's - when the big 3-0 was looming I got all keyed up about getting married and having kiddies but still had to wait - circumstances weren't right and then it took ages ttc. I felt VERY broody when my LO was about 1 yr old and "lost the plot" broody (love that expression!) while ttc for 17 months for no.2. Now I think I'm in the lost the plot catergory again as Eddie is only 2 weeks old and I want another one! :rofl:

You can be Queen Lost the Plot and I can be your follower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->