First Timer - October Baby

Wow Laura I need to read more of your posts, you sound so positive and that's what I need right now. I don't know why I just have this horrible feeling something is going to go wrong....maybe it's because we've been somlucky and caught first month. You really do read so many bad things on here, think it makes it worse!

This is exactly what's been going on in my head. I feel like I can't possibly be that lucky to have caught it first month and have everything go perfectly. I need to keep staying positive and just focus on baby and me. There's no need to worry right now, I guess.

laura- you're positivity is amazing. Thank you so much. There can be quite a few horror stories on here and I seem to be drawn to them and fuelling my worries. It's nice to be reminded just to enjoy it and not worry about all the what ifs.

Thank you for that Laura! I was just saying how it can be so unsettling on some of these threads because you read about so many women who have had terrible things happen time and again and it's difficult for first timers to stay positive and not worry that the same thing will happen to you. Thanks for the positivity!

It has flown for me until 38 weeks. Its dragging now. My days are filled with waiting in the house lol.

Its normal to worry but it helped me to think of names or look at prams or imagine all the things we will do as a family.

even if 3% ladies sadly miscarried thats 97 in a hundred women have healthy pregnancy's.

Anytime you have any pregnancy questions feel free to message me. Its all fresh in my mind at the mo :) xx

I've been looking at prams, cots etc to take my mind off it and overall it makes me very excited, but there's always that doubt. I think my biggest worry is a mmc or ectopic and not knowing until I go for my scan. I think I'm still going to go for a private scan around 8 weeks just to settle my mind, but I'm feeling more positive since this conversation. Thanks Laura, you've certainly helped a few of us worriers in the early days of pregnancy!! Xx

Hello! I JUST got my blood work back and I am also pregnant with #1. :) My EDD is Halloween! :p I'm hoping my numbers will double on Wednesday!

Congrats beebee! My EDD is 26th October which is the day before my youngest nephew's birthday.

I'm so tempted to spend time looking at prams and cots today even if it's still way too early to be buying anything like that! To be fair, I did buy a baby name book last night though. Also, bought my dog a bandana online yesterday so all I need is for it to arrive and I can write "big sister" on it with fabric pain and we are good to announce.

I went out and brought a blanket and packet of unisex bibs quite early. When i was about 16 weeks amazon had and still have the steriliser and bottle sets for £58 half price... tommee tippee.... got the mothercare orb navy limited edition pram at 18 weeks. Then after found out she was a girl we got things gradually.

The amount of stuff one baby needs lol. Im glad i got it gradually. Once i hit 30 weeks i did not really want to go searching around for stuff.although some mums do it the month before. I was heavily pregnant at christmas so i wanted to be done for then.

If you shop around and get bargains i think its cost us about £1000 to get her everything. X

We bought a pack of unisex sleep suits, so cute! I want to buy more!! Lol. We will do it gradually....I imagine we'll get our pram around 20-25 weeks. I'll be like you Laura and have everything quite early, I like to be organised! Lol. I LOVE the orb pram, it's so gorgeous! Love it in navy, but they aren't selling it in navy anymore. I'm undecided between the orb and the icandy ATM. Whichever I get, it'll be in grey :) there's a massive price difference in the two prams though :/ xx

The spin on the orb is good aswel. I loved the cosy toes on on it. I was drawn to it haha. Yeah they have stopped it online. Not sure if the shops have anymore in.
Its good to organised. I get stressed out if im not prepared lol. You will soon be out spending lol xx

Love the grey and the orb was 430 so it was a good price for us i thought. Xx

We'll definitely be buying stuff gradually. There's not a chance I'll have the money (or the energy) to buy all baby's things the month before! I don't want to get any of the big stuff until after 12 weeks at least though. I'm curious to see what hand-me-down things we'll be given from family. My mum was saying just before Christmas that she still has some bits and pieces in the loft from my younger sisters! I'm dying to know what it is!! We've decided to stay team yellow so there will be lots of gender neutral stuff bought!! Definitely having a look online today and pinning on my secret pinterest board! :haha:

I think tesco f and f are good for unisex. They have yellow sleepsuits etc. I got sime with giraffes on and matching bibs lol. Ive ended up being given 4 packets of nappies a pram suit and 4 bags of 0-3 clothes because my partners cousin had her daughter in september. His sister had her daughter in november and ours is meant to be here now lol. So 3 baby girls. Ive gained some good stuff but i bought loads too. Shes got more than she needs. Ill probs change her vests morning and night and her outfits in the day so she can use things hahaha xx

I'll definitely have a look in Tesco then. We don't have a massive budget for buying all of baby's things so we'll be going for gender neutral for a lot of stuff so that any other babies we have can use the same things. I'm thinking of everything we buy as an investment.

I'm stupidly excited about making my first purchases. There's something so adorable about tiny clothes and baby things. I'm secretly hoping for a girl though. After having two nephews and always struggling to know what to get them for presents I think having a girl would be much easier for shopping!! :haha: Obviously, I'm happy either way. I just want a LO!

I actually bought some dresses from a lady on facebook for her.

my moses basket was £15 brand new in clearance
pram was £430
Carseat argos mamas and papas £49.99 half price.

my dad and mum got us the cot.

baby event at asda is good for bargains.

aldi nappies have an award. There £1.49 for 23 first size lol.

Clothes next do half price sales regular so i got her shorts for summer 3 pairs £4 and 3 sleep suits £7.

If your not a big brand person you dont have to spend much.

sorry if im going on lol. I remember how much i loved planning everything. Miss it already lol xx

I secretly wanted a girl too. A mini me lol xx

Hello Ladies,

This is the first time im ever posting on any baby forum- I found out I'm pregnant last week, after 1 MC at 8 wks 5 yrs ago and then 4 years of TTC .

I'm so excited but equally so worried as I'm only 4 weeks and want this first trimester over n done! I'm already feel a baby brain coming on , as I keep forgetting my keys n mobile everywhere..
Am so excited...and look forward to experiencing the body changes...but just want this 12 wk to fly by!!

Am really struggling at work... Just want to make plans but think its too early - as someone else mentioned too many horror stories..( also my own previous experience) anyhow cant wait!!

Congrats Emma! I'm anxious to get to the second trimester as well. The first is just full of worrying and waiting and I'm ready to be able to enjoy the experience a little more and share my excitement.

How is everyone feeling now? I'm counting myself as lucky bc i haven't really had many terrible symptoms. My breasts are too sore to sleep on my stomach anymore but not really painful in general. I do find myself to be hungry ALL the time lately, but as soon as I eat a little something my tummy hurts and I feel stuffed and miserable, not in a morning sickness kind of way though. Also, we went to the theatre last night and had to leave at intermission bc I felt so hot and uncomfortable I thought I was going to pass out. That was a first. I don't know what I expected first trimester to be like from all of the horror stories I've heard, but all in all I feel pretty lucky. I can definitely notice some changes but nothing unbearable.

Hope everyone is feeling well and staying positive! I was feeling do positive Friday that I bought the cutest pair of baby shoes and some socks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->