first trimester ivf

Soontobemaman

Reaction score
Hi soon to be mummies,
I'm 11 weeks pregnant with ivf ( first attempt) and I had a scan at 6 weeks showing normal pregnancy.
I had horrible morning sickness from week 8_10 and as soon as I stopped my progesterone its all gone. This week, I feel awesome , no more morning sickness and less tired. But this worries me so badly that maybe something has happened . how do I know I'm still pregnant? I called nurse to book for ultrasound but she convinced me I don't need one since I don't have any spotting or pain. Please tell me what do you think? How can I know if everything is alright?

If you've had no spotting or pain then the odds of a missed miscarriage are 1 in 100. Those odds are tiny x

I'm only 6 weeks after FET & I'm so nervous waiting for our 7 week scan next week, I think you've just got to remain positive. If your really want a scan you can pay privately or just call up the early pregancy unit at your local hospital & say you've had pain/bleeding & they will scan you & that should put your mind at rest x

Also just to add, it's very normal for nausea and other symptoms to go away around 9-11 weeks. The placenta begins to take over hormone production, so there isn't as much stress on your body at that point. By 11 weeks, many women are starting to feel better. In my last pregnancy, morning sickness and the extreme tiredness and other symptoms were virtually gone by 11 weeks.

Thank you for reassuring me. Actually I have been taken 2 pills per night for my morning sickness. Last night just to see how I feel I did not. I'm feeling a bit nausuce. So my m/s did was completly gone. I am meeting my Dr in two days. I hope he can book me for ultrasound.

I'm only 6 weeks after FET & I'm so nervous waiting for our 7 week scan next week, I think you've just got to remain positive. If your really want a scan you can pay privately or just call up the early pregancy unit at your local hospital & say you've had pain/bleeding & they will scan you & that should put your mind at rest x

As someone who has been through IVF, a MMC, and a threatened miscarriage this time around, I wouldn't tempt fate by pretending you've had bleeding! If you're that concerned, pay for a private scan or explain your anxieties to your midwife.

Totally agree. I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday. Will ask her for an ultrasound.
Also I read that after 11 weeks the chances of m/s is like 2%.

Totally agree on not pretending you have had pain and bleeding. Medical services are so overstretched and getting an appointment at the epu is difficult enough, it's never good to misuse a service as it could mean a lady really bleeding and in pain doesn't get an appointment. Anyway I would honestly try not to worry as hard as it is. Lots of women report symptoms fading later on in the first tri. My HG even disapeared for a bit around week ten. Once you have seen a heartbeat miscarrige rates are very low. Huge congratulations on your pregnancy hun!

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but I also agree not to lie to Epu. I've been one of those ladies spotting and in pain and couldn't be seen for five days cos they were too busy. It breaks my heart to think I was left with an unknown mmc and someone might've been there who didn't really need to be.

Could you ring back and say you have so much anxiety and can they scan you based on the fact that all your symptoms have suddenly stopped. Hopefully someone will hear how desperate you are to find out everything is ok.

It's completely true that once the placenta is formed/forming your symptoms are likely to lesson. I also think that our bodies get used to feeling crap!! I've had the WORST nausea from weeks 4-10 and slowly but surely it's completely gone. I know baby is fine cos I listen to him/her on my Doppler every day. I honestly think you'll be just fine Hun :hugs:

I am pregnant via IVF and worried too. My ms has def subsided in the past few days. But at our last scan at 9 weeks everything was perfect. I am on my progesterone and progynova until 12 weeks. I go back to my obgyn at 11 weeks for another scan but it feels like forever away.

Totally agree. I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday. Will ask her for an ultrasound.
Also I read that after 11 weeks the chances of m/s is like 2%.

I hope you manage to get a scan to put your mind at ease.

If it helps, my symptoms also disappeared around 10 weeks and I had the same fears as you. I was told it was common at that stage as the placenta starts to take over. I also noticed a further drop in symptoms once I stopped taking progesterone at 12 weeks. I'm now almost 28 weeks along, so try not to worry too much- I know that's easier said than done!

Thanks Soon to be mummies. I will let u know once I get a scan.
On another topic, I feel my hair is growing so much that I can't control it. I was not a hairy type but I need to go waxing every second week and for my face one per week!! Anyone has experienced the same?

Old wives tales say if your body hair grows faster in pregnancy you're expecting a boy :)

I just saw my doctor. We heard the heart beat. 140 :) I'm so happy!! Doctor convinced me that I don't need ultrasound. Thanks mummies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->