First ultra sound today...

Olivia78

Reaction score
Started with a regular ultra sound this morning and the tech said because my uterus is different, she would need to do a vaginal u/s. On the first u/s and the second, I couldn't see the baby... I went in thinking I was 9+2 and thought I'd be leaving with pictures of my baby we both wanted and have tried for. My baby wasn't there. I stared at the u/s machine.... And only saw an empty sac. I still have full pregnancy symptoms. I am so sad. My fiancé travels for work and is across the country. I told him over the phone.. While he was in an airport. Hardest phone call ever. I feel so broken and sad. My head knows it's not my fault, but my heart says it is... And it makes it hurt more. I go back in 2 weeks for another ultra sound, but my dr. Is certain I had a missed miscarriage. I feel so broken...

I'm sorry you are going through this. You mentioned there was a problem with the shape of your uterus? Did they say what?
A good site to visit is misdiagnosed miscarriage.com. I'm not trying to give false hope but you mentioned the tech said something about the shape of your uterus? Did they say what the issue was?

Im so sorry this has happened to you :( exactly the same thing happened to me at 7 weeks, just saw an empty sac.

I know how heart wrenching it is but it will get better, for now just cry and spend time with your husband xxx

:cry: This is awful. I'm so sorry. It wasn't your fault, you can't even think to blame yourself. How hard it must be for you with your partner away too...

I miscarried this week and those words "I don't see any sign of a pregnancy" are the hardest. I'm really sorry for you and sending gentle hugs your way.

Thank you so much for all of your support. It feels like it means everything right now.

ReadynWaiting, I can't remember exactly what the tech called it. I know it's titled, but she had another name for it... And said something about it curving towards the back or something. I was trying to listen but with everything certain things were a blurr.

My mind knows it's not my fault, but my heart keeps saying it is. Emotions can be so irrational.

I started having some cramping on my way home from work on Friday. When I got home I wiped to check before using the bathroom... It looked like brown discharge? Not sure really if it's brown blood or discharge. Only upon first wipe, and nothing after using the bathroom. This happened twice Friday night, then yesterday cramping on and off, and the brown stuff upon first wipe twice in the morning and twice at night... And once this morning. Feeling light cramps, but not as strong as AF.

Wondering if there's still a chance of this being a viable pregnancy... The tech upon doing the ultra sound repeated said she was seeing many signs if pregnancy... But there was only the sac measuring at five weeks and something and I went in just over nine.

I have an U/S appt. scheduled for the 1st... The beginning of next week.

Feeling in limbo and wondering if there is any hope...

Did she call it retroverted? It sounds like it! This makes it difficult for the techs to see everything and tends to date everything behind. Look it up and go to the site www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com. If the sac is 25mm+ still with no baby to be seen then there is a problem but otherwise have repeat scans until they can determine that. Good luck!

Thank you for being here. It makes me feel like I'm not alone. Saturday was pretty uneventful. Brown discharge only upon wiping couple times in the morning and at night.. It turned to red blood yesterday and I also started passing clots. Strong pains through the night and passed more matter this morning. Hoping this is over soon. I am a teacher, so called in a sub for today. Feeling heartbroken, but also relieved that I at least now know what's happening... And can soon start healing. Much love to you all.

Ready- that was a really encouraging site for me while I was waiting. It have me a lot of hope.

My OH hasn't been able to be home since before I had my appt. where I was told I was miscarrying. He is still away for work and won't be home until late Friday night.

While this is the most crushing thing to go through, we feel even closer to each other through this and I love him even more... I know he wishes he can be here, as much as I do. Thankful to find the positive in this. I think that gives your heart some solace.

I'm so glad you can find a positive through all the heartache, I posted something similar when I was going through my MC, it made me love my husband so much more than I already did and definately brings you closer. I bet you can't wait for him to get home now!

How are you doing in yourself, do you have another scan soon? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->