First ultrasound... But not sure what to think.

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
So I had a dating scan as I don't know when my last period was. My HCG levels say I should be between 4-6 weeks.
The tech said it must be so early that nothing was actually there yet, after searching for a while (transvaginal) she found the gestational sac which measured 4.4mm. She said she saw the yolk sac but no embryo and said the gestational sac size only put me at 3 weeks...

I've attached the pic (I realise that at early gestations you can't see a whole lot but there is definitely a dot there) - but surely that would have to be more than three weeks. I got my BFP eight days ago, so if I'm going off her dates then I would have got a BFP at 1+6.
On the other hand I have no pregnancy symptoms at all other than some cramping... Any thoughts, do you ladies think this is a viable pregnancy, the dot and my HCG suggests I'm further than the 3 weeks but the ultrasound says otherwise?
https://s1.postimg.org/kjzq36gxn/IMG_1103.jpg

I had a similar experience. I had a positive test 3 weeks before my scan whuch then ahowed i was 4 weeks and bleeding! We thought it was game over again, 8 days later we saw an 7 week old baby with heartbeat which is now a very wriggly baby boy and we cant wait to meet him. Good luck x

It's most likely just a slow starter and everything is fine. Do you think it could possibly have anything to do with just recently having a baby?

I didn't think *anything* was visible on ultrasound before 4 weeks, and even before 5 weeks there may not even be a scan to see. Is it possible the tech dated 3 weeks from conception, which would put you at 5 weeks? That seems more like what I'd expect to see around then.

I agree with pp, I'd say your 5+ a few days. When baby shows up on screen you'll be able to have an more accurate date.

It's still so early; hopefully the next ultrasound will show more. If it helps, I was pushed back a full 9 days with DD's first ultrasound, which seemed impossible to me since I got my BFP at 9 DPO. She came out perfectly healthy at 41 weeks.

Good luck with your pregnancy! :flower:

It looks right for about 4 weeks to me. Here's my 4 week US pic and it looks the same via a transvaginal US. I had it done to make sure the baby was in the right spot b/c I had some pain in my side. Not much to see but it confirms your pregnant.

Attachments

• 4 week US.jpg
    4 week US.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member