First ultrasound today-what to expect?

KL15

Reaction score
Would love to hear what you lovely ladies saw/experienced at your 8 week ultrasounds as I have my first one today! Pics are welcome if you're happy to share!!

You probably already had your scan but my first ultrasound was also around 8 weeks and it was lovely:)
You can see the pic on my avatar picture . Hope yours went well!

Don't know if you've already had your scan but at my 8 week scan, I got to see baby and the heartbeat. Plus my RE (I conceived on IVF #2) measured baby to see if (s)he was measuring about right. My pic:

8 ugers skanning.jpg

Well I went....didn't get to see much...the tech was a bit of a cow actually....really rude. I get the 'results' tomorrow (not liking how she worded that, makes it sound like something is wrong). She was focusing on my right side so I asked her if there were two in there (I'm a twin so seemed fairly feasible to ask) and she said no. I said it's odd you're on that side as I can always really feel things on my left side. She actually said to me, 'no, you won't be feeling anything, it's only the size of a peanut' and looked at me like I was stupid. I know my own body thank you and I know what I felt! I've been having cramps in the same exact place ever since I fell and I am 100% certain I inplanted on my left side as I ovulated from my left ovary and I could actually feel implantation when it happened! I felt like something was digging it's way into my uterus. When I asked her where it was (I had assumed it sat on the left side of my uterus) she replied, 'it's in your uterus' NO REALLY?! I HAD THOUGHT IT WAS UP MY NOSE.
Anyway, was still magical seeing our little peanut and the heartbeat (it was 153bpm). Just wish she'd bothered showing me more of the screen and being nicer, my partner saw more than I did. Rant over 😂😂

Absolute cow!!! I HATE ultrasound techs that's are like that, I know they do it a million times a day but if it was me doing the scanning id show excitement for the pregnant couple showing them all I can see giving them all the time in world, unfortunately not everyone is that way and I've discovered that first hand from a few scans I've had myself!

Haha you would think so hey!! The midwife does my next one at 12 weeks I certainly hope she's a lot nicer...there are times in everybody's jobs where you have to feign excitement or interest or exercise some self control or whatever...part of being professional!

https://i65.tinypic.com/2ngzpg2.jpg

https://i66.tinypic.com/24cbjux.jpg

Can see a head and eyes and legs and feet in the second one!!! 😍😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back