Fish Oil for EWCM?

SuperKat

New baby on the way!
Reaction score
okay, so I have read that some of you are taking fish oil to help with your CM. I am wondering what brand you are using. I want to get some, and was looking online through amazon and saw the kirkland brand (Costco for those of you familiar). Anyway, I read this review and now it has me worried about taking it since I know that soy can mess with estrogen...

(I'll quote it and provide the link: https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Natural-Concentrate-Omega-3/product-reviews/B000EQW3ZA/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R39Y8IMYV9JEED)

"Kirkland Signature Natural Fish Oil Concentrate with Omega-3 Fatty Acids - 400 Softgels (Health and Beauty)
Although this fish oil is purified to remove mercury and other contaminants the makers add "tocopherol" which is soy-based (but not advertised!) to preserve the oil from going rancid. A natural preservative is very important for fish oil but the makers must be aware of safer alternatives out there! For those who do not know, soy is a goitrogen and frequently is genetically modified (thanks to Monsanto) and what this will do is shut down your thyroid and boost estrogen in your bloodstream. So if you want to have problems with feeling anemic and poor sexual function then buy products touted as "Natural Fish Oil" when they are anything but!! Some authorities claim small doses are not harmful but many of these same folks also will claim flouride is safe to ingest in small quantities. So why is there the warning label to call a poison center if your child ingests toothpaste? Think about it. I can speak from experience that small amounts taken daily do impact our health because they accumulate over time.

I do not recommend this product because they are using deceptive labeling to promote their product. Is this the kind of company you want to depend upon for your health?? "

Any thoughts on this? Is it an exaggeration?

Hrmmmm interesting I used this product with all of my pregnancies. Not sure what to think, I did stop eating soy when we first stated ttc because of the estrogen. But i'm not sure that there would be enough in this fish oil to affect you. I have been taking it for 3 years now so I hope it's ok. I also do have good fertile quality cm for about 2-5 days b4 OV, however I had no idea it was good for that. I was taking it for brain development.

Mmmm, I have a feeling that you should take that quote with a grain of salt. But you can always ask your dr. for advise on taking it.
I am currently taking fish oil for my triglyserides (sp?) at the request of my dr. and it seems to have helped with the EWCM. I have also read that it can help regulate your cycles, but I'm not sure how true that is. You could probably ask your pharmacy if the quote above is true.

Yea, I was seriously almost going to buy it, but couldn't get that out of my head!

I don't think it help with regulating cycles, my are over all the place and I took it for years. But that would be awesome, maybe it works for some ladies.

Mine are kinda regular, but kinda not.
I would be nice, but I think you are right. It might just be coincidence, but I think it helped with a stonger ov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->