fish??

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
is anyone not eating meat today?? i never even thought about it! we're going to a family do this afternoon and MILs worried its gona be meat. (it was planned for yesterday and was meant to be chicken!)

so yea, meat or fish? and if fish, whats your reasoning? (she isnt religious, but its always been the "done thing")

I'm religious and I'm eating fish.

Nearly fell through the floor when I got to the checkout yesterday though! £5.39 for 4 tins of John West Tuna!! FFS!

Resession? Bloody piss take if you ask me!

I have no idea what I am having for tea, probably fish though. We aren't religious, but we never seem to have meat on Good Friday!

Isn't it something to do with the body of Christ?:blush: x

it's cause (ok, I may be wrong, just what I remember from school) Jesus didn't eat at all on Good Friday, so we don't eat one of our staples (ie meat) if you're veggie you're not supposed to have meat replacement stuff like quorn.

Not eating meat today but then I dont any day!:laugh2: I wasnt aware that some people stopped just for easter

Isn't it a tradition to eat fish every friday?

im not religious at all and am having roast beef today!! :)

In Catholic tradition it was prohibited to eat meat on Fridays. Although several reasons were given for this, it is acutally linked to a shortage of red meat at some point in history. The church being the main governing body decided that one easy way to alleviate the shortage was to prohibit eating red meat on one day a week. Eventually the Church began to allow people to eat meat on Fridays, just not during lent.

Please note, this post is not intended to be offensive in any way, I'm simply pointing out how a practical need became a theological mandate. I was raised in a Catholic town and take part in many Catholic traditions, including not eating meat on Fridays.

I'm having baccala later tonight.. it makes the whole house stink like fish. Arg.

But I usually fast all day on Good Friday ??

Mmmm we went to my SILs for a buffet this aft and it was an all fish/seafood buffet and it was DELISH. In fact we were saying that every time she does a buffet we should leave out the meat, as it was all so yum!

oh i never heard of that i n
know people have like a fish noght on fiday but i didnt know about the easer friday thing lol

xxxxx

IM not religious but i was brought up not to eat meat on good friday.
My OH had never heard of it, but he happily eats fish with me now.
We had haddock and it was yummy.

Pork chops here! LOL! Never heard of the fish thing, and I grew up Catholic. We did deprive ourselves of our "favorites" but that wasn't just for good Friday.

Oops I had gammon last night!!! x

i'm not religious whatsoever and i just had a meat feast pizza!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->