Fitbit registering possible pregnancy ?

Ctay333

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am currently ttc with my fiancé and neither of us have kids, so to be honest, I don’t quite know what to look for. Other than normal pregnancy symptoms that are common knowledge, I found this “symptom” (if you can call it that) to be very interesting.

I bought a Fitbit Versa to track activity, calorie intake, etc., but have noticed for some reason that my resting heart rate has been climbing up every day. I’ve read around the internet a little bit and found some correlation between a higher resting heart rate and a positive pregnancy test but I was curious if anyone has had an experience like this leading to a bfp? My resting heart rate was 76 on predicted O day and has since risen to 82.

Any experiences or insight would be great! Really hoping this is our month!

Attachments

• AA7444F4-1E71-4BF8-A1D0-AD437A2E28B0.jpg
    AA7444F4-1E71-4BF8-A1D0-AD437A2E28B0.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 26
I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and I have also read that it goes up when pregnant so good luck to you! for me I notice my heart rate goes up right before my period is due also though so for me it isn't a good indicator...

I just started researching this as well and it's pretty interesting! I studied my last four cycles against my fitbit's RHR graphs and found no obvious indicator of O day, but I did find that my RHR consistently rose between O day and my period. This month, it rose from 57 to 62. The day of or day before my period, it begins to drop and continues until a few days before the next O day. I haven't been pregnant yet, so I don't knew what it will look like if I do get pregnant. It sounds like an increased RHR can be an indicator of pregnancy, but I don't know if it rises higher than a non pregnant cycle, or just sustains. Let us know what you find out!

I just bought an Ava bracelet, which tracks RHR among other things. I'm excited to see what I learn from it!

I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and I have also read that it goes up when pregnant so good luck to you! for me I notice my heart rate goes up right before my period is due also though so for me it isn't a good indicator...

I wish I had a previous month to compare my chart too! I just Bought my Fitbit the beginning of this month so I am not sure if this is just my period coming up that is causing this. Guess I will have to wait and see!

I just started researching this as well and it's pretty interesting! I studied my last four cycles against my fitbit's RHR graphs and found no obvious indicator of O day, but I did find that my RHR consistently rose between O day and my period. This month, it rose from 57 to 62. The day of or day before my period, it begins to drop and continues until a few days before the next O day. I haven't been pregnant yet, so I don't knew what it will look like if I do get pregnant. It sounds like an increased RHR can be an indicator of pregnancy, but I don't know if it rises higher than a non pregnant cycle, or just sustains. Let us know what you find out!

I just bought an Ava bracelet, which tracks RHR among other things. I'm excited to see what I learn from it!

Enjoy your Ava bracelet! I have read that they are wonderful for tracking a lot of different things. I still have about a week until my period shows up... or hopefully doesn’t! I will definitely keep everyone posted. It would really be something if my Fitbit could read my pregnancy before a test!

My Fitbit showing an increased resting heart rate was the reason I tested when I got my BFP in February 17! It was an old Charge and I noticed the increase, so did a test even though we were NTNP and my period wasn’t even due for 2 more days .... and there they were, two lines!

My graph tends to start at 57 and climb to 63 at ovulation, then stay there until two days before AF, at which point it drops back to 57. The month I conceived, it continued to rise and was up at 67 on the day I tested.

Wow! That’s amazing! What a cool way to find out. I’m trying not to read too much into it as my period isn’t due for another 5-6 days. But of course I read into everything anyway haha. It would be a wonderful surprise.

I'm always checking my heart rate on fitbit too. Mine always seemed to go up a few beats between ovulation and period. It would then go back down during /after my period.

I'm pregnant now and heart rate wasn't a super early sign for me unfortunately. I got my BFP around 13/14DPO and only in the days after that did I notice my heart rate going up by a good few beats and then rising fairly steadily.

Although I would say around 2 weeks after my BFP my heart rate took a downwards spin from a high of 80 down to 71over the course of a week or two. I was distraught assuming I was miscarrying when I wasn't. Google was horrible too as it was full. Of stories about ladies who had heart rate drop and it was a sign of a miscarriage/missed miscarriage.

I'm now 24 weeks and my Heart rate since then hasn't been lower than 70 but generally in the mid to high 70s and fluctuates up and down regularly. Pre pregnancy it was around mid 60s to low 70s Apparently its to do with the body dealing with additional blood flow, getting used to it and then it increasing again.

Good luck! I hope it's your BFP, I find the heart rate so interesting on the fitbit app.

I will have to dig up my Fitbit chart when I got pregnant with DS2. It definitely showed! Now that I'm paying attention I notice a rise and fall throughout my cycle, but it's definitely different from when I got my BFP.

Ctay: I was just wondering what your outcome was? I’m 3-4 dpo and mine has gone from its normal 62-63 to 65!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->