fitness, healthy diet and pregnancy

K

kimbresque

Does anyone know anyone or has anyone followed a good fitness plan while preggo? I work out usually 5 to 6 times a week and eat very healthy. I'm thinking that's a bit much while preggo. Maybe 4 times a week ? I did read online that it's OK in moderation and is actually good for the baby as long as I don't over heat. But then it said some where else if I run out of breath that's bad??! What? How are you suppose to get a good workout in without getting your heart rate up?

I was watching my calorie intake but now that I'm prggo I want to eat the right amount but I don't want to eat way too much like a lot of pregnant women tend to do. I already crave so much unhealthy stuff! Ugh.

Ppl who are fitness lovers please respond! Thank you!

You can continue anything you did pre-pregnancy now. As you get further along just listen to your body with what you're doing. If it's uncomfortable, leaves you feeling sick, hurts, etc. etc. then scale back. I run 5 days a week and lift weights twice and do at least 1 cross training session a week!

Eat when you're hungry don't count calories and make sure it's healthy food and you'll be fine :)

As soon as the fatigue kicks, I can't do anything!!

I am struggling with this now because I am so hungry all the time.
I try to eat healthy but my cravings are kicking in.

I also struggle with body image and had an ED for about 15 years or so. I am doing better now but its hard to see your body make those changes to a "softer belly and body".

I don't want to fall into old traps, which I don't think I will because I have wanted a baby for so long, I am just saying its tough thats all.

Also, this is a honeymoon baby so being so diligent with exercise and diet before I got my BFP I worry a bit about the changes to my body.

I know this might sound superficial but I am just talking outloud :)

It's definitely tough! I was so healthy with #1 - exercise 5-6 days a week. Super healthy eating. Gained 50lbs still. But lost it all relatively quickly after. #2. ran for first 4.5 months. But not healthy eating - donuts, icecream all the rest on a regular basis. Stopped working out after 5 months and never lost all of the weight. So for me that is my motivation. Keep active and working out to lose the weight easily after :D

Only advise I was given was no ab work after 11 weeks due to damage it can course of the baby, ie sit ups etc. But other than that fine. I found first trimester horrible for healthy eating though as I couldn't eat fruit or veg as I felt sick so much! Now its passed back to pre-pregancy food. You should only add 200 calories to what your BMI calories require. If your overweight then skip the 200 calories and just eat your BMI calories. Also give into cravings once in a while, not every day. A craving is usually something we're lacking. With DS it was McDonalds cheeseburgers, probably due to lack or calcium. DD I just wanted chicken and spaghetti, so had that often as that wasn't so bad healthy eating wise.

not true about abdominal exercise! A strong core is very important for both pregnancy, and labor/delivery!!
https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/exercise-during-pregnancy-myth-vs-fact

Thanks so much for the replies! I was wondering about abdominals as well. I do need to find out how much I'm supposed to be eating for my body anyway. Is there a count calculator somewhere that would help with that?? I've slowed my jogging a bit scared that it may cause problems. Soooo it's OK to be out of breath a bit here and there??

I've already been eating some unhealthy stuff! Gotta try to say no better! Lol

My doctor says to keep your heart rate under 140 when exercising, but you should check with yours. There might be good reason to take it slower that people on the boards don't know about since everyone is in a unique situation.

I haven't managed to go to they gym for 4 weeks due to sickness. Can't wait to get back, I am just going to scale back the intensity of my exercise.

I lost 6 stone in 12 months and I refuse to put it back on again by getting lazy lol.

My GP says it is fine to carry on with the gym

I'm always :out of breath" while exercising. Otherwise I feel it's a waste of time. The strange thing is my shortness of breath isn't as bad when I'm running as it is sitting at my desk or on the couch :p did 9K no problem yesterday. But go to bed and shortness of breath drives me bonkers.

Right? I feel like if I'm not kinda out of breath what am I doing there? Lol. Good thinking I'll just continue but not count calories and eat healthy. I lost like 4 inches so I don't want to put it back on!

Maybe it was just crunches then due to laying on the floor for a while and can deprive the baby of oxygen. Guessing the ab machine in the gym is fine as its up right :)

after first tri you are supposed to avoid exercises that have you on your back yes!

I am in the same boat! Before I got my BFP, I was working out 6 times a week and was very fit. 5 days after I completed a Triathlon, I found out I was pregnant. However, the sickness and fatigue kicked in at 6 weeks and I have only been to the gym once since then. At night I am so ill and falling asleep by 9 PM. My eating has been semi-ok though. I am craving cheese and juice like crazy though! LOL Once the sickness passes, I hope to get back to the gym, but I have definitely lost my stamina so I will have to take it slow until delivery. My goal though is to have the baby in May and then complete another Triathlon by September. We'll see! :)

I used to watch my calories and work out with bike rides and runs. Unfortunately that has all stopped as ms has taken over along with fatigue and I can't get off the sofa! When I start to feel better I will resume going out on the bike until I feel that I can't balance any more. Just take it easy and staying fit and healthy is important for you and baby just don't beat yourself up if you have a few weeks where you can't do much!

I am in the same boat! Before I got my BFP, I was working out 6 times a week and was very fit. 5 days after I completed a Triathlon, I found out I was pregnant. However, the sickness and fatigue kicked in at 6 weeks and I have only been to the gym once since then. At night I am so ill and falling asleep by 9 PM. My eating has been semi-ok though. I am craving cheese and juice like crazy though! LOL Once the sickness passes, I hope to get back to the gym, but I have definitely lost my stamina so I will have to take it slow until delivery. My goal though is to have the baby in May and then complete another Triathlon by September. We'll see! :)

I totally understand how you feel and it's exactly how I am. Before I got pregnant I did conditioning in the morning and lifted in the afternoon 4 times a week and 2 other days a week I either ran or did more HIIT. I was studying to be a personal trainer before I got pregnant. Now I have lost all motivation. I have lifted 4 times since I found out I was pregnant. I am hoping that I feel better and get more strength in a few weeks. Although it really bugs me to feel so lazy right now, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

This is exactly how I feel. I'm so tired by 9 pm. I also work on my feet. I feel I'll through out the day. and gave into cravings pretty bad this weekend while visiting my SO parents (who don't know yet) I still managed to workout at the gym before the visit 2 times and went jogging two times while visiting. I also walked for 20 mins too so I guess I was active 5 times this last week. I just feel bad for eating really crappy! I'll just get back on track I suppose. Anyone know if there's good moves to keep love handles at bay?

My goal is baby end of June beginning of July and tough mudder in September :) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->