Five months of TTC- Testing today

Farmgirlalee

Reaction score
I am so nervous and I am terrified to get my hopes up. My SO and I have been trying for 5 months but I am a week past when my period should have started. We had a shopping trip planned today so I'm not going to get to test until this evening but I am really hoping to finally have a BFP. We each have a child from a previous marriage. His son turns ten in a few weeks and my daughter turns ten in March. It'll be a huge age gap but we have talked about having two close together.

So let's see a bit about me- I am divorced once, 33 almost 34 years old. I love my job and finally found the guy that lights up my life and oddly seems to like me too ;). This is the happiest I have been in a very long time and really hoping to add to our happiness!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

-Alee

Good luck for testing, hope you get your bfp! X

Thanks! Just left the store with my tests and I so wanted to go into the ladies room and find out but that isn't exactly the most uhm- memorable- place. It doesn't make a great story to say "Yes! I found out in the wal mart bathroom!" Lol

Disappointing news. The test came back negative. If I don't get my period in the next day or so I will take the second test with morning urine. I am still hopeful but feeling sad too.

SO thinks if we don't get it this cycle then I should go in and get my hormone levels checked. One sister is infertile and just 3 years older than me and another sister is pregnant at 43. Seems fertility is all over the place in my family

Alee, you have a similar situation as me:). I'm on my 5th month TTC as well. I have a 9 and 12 year old from a previous marriage and hubby doesn't have any of his own. I'm 35 and we are hoping to have 2 more pretty close together as well. This time is not proving to be as easy as my last two, but I know 5 months isn't too long. If we aren't pg by the end of the year we are both going to get some testing done. FX for you!

Thanks and mine for you as well!! I am becoming obsessed with checking for AF every time I use the restroom. Sorry if TMI. lol! I am so bad about taking my vitamins but I am setting a reminder on my phone so I don't forget in the morning. I have had a few days where I have felt nauseous during the day and I slept 11 hours earlier this week. I am hoping that I am not reading too much into anything.

I'm 13 days late and testing BFN so I know how you feel. For the first week I was constantly checking for AF and had a few days of (what I thought was) pg symptoms. Now I'm just waiting for my next AF due on the 21st. The nurse thinks I might have just not Od last month but who knows!

SO wants me to wait a few more days before testing again. I thought I saw a very slight amount of colored discharge this morning so I have been feeling like AF might be coming. I know I am over thinking everything but I can't seem to stop myself. I know it will happen at the right time and all but I was really hoping we got it this time around

Yoomee- that's so hard! The waiting and getting hopes up and being disappointed is so hard. Hang in there!

Yoomee- that's so hard! The waiting and getting hopes up and being disappointed is so hard. Hang in there!

Thanks:) It was hard the first week to 10 days, but now I don't think about it as much. I am trying to move forward as if I had gotten my AF on time (around 10/24) and looking at this as CD14 (rather than being 14 days late). I started using OPKs on day 10 and so far I haven't Od this month. Given that the nurse thinks I just might not have O'd last month, I really want to see if I do this month. If I don't get an O spike, I think I'm going to make an appointment with my dr since I don't want to wait and then find out I wasn't even ovulating!

AF came yesterday. I was late which I never am so it makes me wonder if I had an early miscarriage. I have had two previous miscarriages where I know for sure I was pregnant. If I did have an early miscarriage then I guess it's a good sign that we actually did get pregnant. I just hope the next one sticks better! SO and I already talked. We are going to hold off until O and then try again.

I'm so sorry Farmgirl:( I'm not sure if it was a MC or just a late AF. I had a early MC (only 5 weeks along) and I remember it was still very painful with a day of horrible cramping that kept me in bed all day. IDK if that is typical of early MC though. Hopefully your cycle regulates and you will be back on the TTC train for next month:) HUGS!

Thanks- both of my known miscarriages were fairly easy physically. Just like a bad period which is what this on is like. I always believe early m/c are a blessing because it usually means something was wrong. Just hoping next time it goes right!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->