flat head??

vicky

Reaction score
Kira is getting flat head on the right side, she has always got her head on that side.

Just wondering what can i do/get to stop it getting worse???

i put her on her front as much as possible. other letting her sleep on her front i don't know what to do.

Have you tried putting her head to the other side whenever you notice her on her right side? If youre not sure what to do, contact your HV or GP.

really dont worry to much, i know its scarey but it will sort it self out as she gets older and sits up more

x

^ As Layla said and what HV plus family members have said to us

x

cool thanks guys for the very quick replys.

My HV keeps mentioning it to me, and panicing me about it, saying put her on front as much as possible so she doesn't get flat head,(she is the one that pointed it out to me) but i said to her other then putting her on her front to sleep which ur not suppose to do i can't put her on her front any more then she does now.

My first daughter Carly had flat head and it went in time , she had it for awhile mind you but i knew it would pass in time when she sat up more and wasnt lying down all the time.

There are specaial head helmets to wear but it will go in time, she still very young :)

cool thanks guys for the very quick replys.

My HV keeps mentioning it to me, and panicing me about it, saying put her on front as much as possible so she doesn't get flat head,(she is the one that pointed it out to me) but i said to her other then putting her on her front to sleep which ur not suppose to do i can't put her on her front any more then she does now.

Riley sleeps on his front everynight cause this is the only way he will sleep yes they say dont put babys on there front but years ago HV advised parents to lay them on there front and not on there back then they were told to do neither and put them on there side! so really think its personal preference on that one

both my friends kids had flat head the lil girl stil has it a little but u cant tell i only notice cause i no about it and her son has but not as bad when he was younger so think it will just disapear in time hun

Riley sleeps on his front everynight cause this is the only way he will sleep yes they say dont put babys on there front but years ago HV advised parents to lay them on there front and not on there back then they were told to do neither and put them on there side! so really think its personal preference on that one

both my friends kids had flat head the lil girl stil has it a little but u cant tell i only notice cause i no about it and her son has but not as bad when he was younger so think it will just disapear in time hun

Thanks hun

My daughter had the same problem but it isn't a problem because her head looks perfectly fine now. So it does disappear in time :)

Dd had it and still has it, luckily her hair covers it. My auntie has a little boy who is nearly 3 and can't have his hair cut short because it's still so flat, so not meaning to alarm you but it doesn't necessarily go on it's own. I was told that it wouldn't be as bad when she was sitting up, but the head doesn't just 'pop' back out round.
DD's was caused by tight neck muscles (torticollis), she needed to see a physio when she was 6 months old so we could stretch one side of her neck. Because it was so tight it was causing her to only sleep on one side. I'd say that if your DD has it bad enough that it's noticeable already then I'd ask for a referral to see a paediatrician to make sure there is no underlying reason for her to only want to sleep on one side. At her age it should be quite easy to reposition her when she's asleep (something we did religiously with DS to avoid the same thing happening).
Is her face swollen or red? DD's face was slightly swollen on one side and her cheek flushed from where it was being forced forward.

no she doesn't have flushed face or swollen face, but even if i put her on her front she puts her the head the same side. She has her 6 week check soon so i'll ask the doctor about it then.

My DD had this when she was a baby and it was quite noticeable. She never had a very round back of head in the first place but I can remember being worried about it. I think it becomes a problem when the side of their face gets involved. Anyway, at 8 one side is very very slightly different, but only I notice it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->