Flexible working appeal help with letter please

iaka91

Reaction score
Hi! I recently requested for flexible working, before maternity I worked 20hr over 5 days various days/times. I requested this to be reduced to 2 1/2 days as the childcare my older son is at only has this space available (my lg is 6m) I explained i was flexible on days and times but they would have to be set each week once decided so I can organise my childcare. My mother used to look after my son on a wed & fri but sadly passed away when I was pregnant with my lg.

My manager sent the refusal letter the day after my meeting, reasons being :
" I feel that agreeing to this change would create unacceptable difficulties for us as we would be unable to make arrangements to reorganize the work among other staff to cover lunch break, rest breaks and the late shift"

I did say in the meeting that on my two full days I would not mind working until 8pm. which would be an 8hour day.

Do you think I have a good chance of appeal?

In your appeal, are you able to offer any other alternate arrangements? Maybe stress that you're flexible in coming up with an alternate solution and that you're interested in finding something that would work for both parties. Try to express what you're able to offer them to help assuage their concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->