Flexible Working

Jolinar

Mummy to Nic
Reaction score
I'm just thinking ahead here about going back to work after ML.

At the moment I work shifts mornings and afternoons, from what I can gather most if not all the day care places in this area are 8-6pm. I can't see how I can work this as I doubt my employer will grant flexible working due to business needs. DH has to leave early and doesn't return home until late. His wages are considerably more than mine.

If they can't grant flexible working do they have to offer me another job or am I just left with handing my notice in and looking for something else?

Any help appreciated thanks!

if you go on the direct gov website they have info about flexible working because if you have a child your entilted to it, sorry i did try to get the link but my internets playing up and wont let me! lol x

hi!
i have you thought about a childminder?
im a childminder and i have one little boy from 7.45 till 6.30 so his mum can get to and from work-we are a lot more flexable than nurseries.
re fees- you can pay a childminder via tax credits and where you work may have a childcare voucher system where some of your wages are not taxed and pay for childcare.
hope this helps?
:icecream:

Thanks Bumblebee thats a good idea and I hadn't really thought of it before now :)

LucyEmma, thank you, I looked, I am entitled to apply for it but my employer does not have to give it if they can cite business reasons for not granting flexible working. They only have to consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->