Flip question(s)...

cupcake23

Reaction score
Hello ladies, been lurking for the last couple of weeks for research purposes and the more I read about re-useable nappies the more I really want to use them however I don’t know if it’s my pregnancy brain but I am bloody confused with it all!!!!!!!:wacko:

Now my question is...
If I want to use Flips, then how many covers do I actually need?

I get that I will need more inserts than covers so how many inserts would you recommend I get? but from reading other posts I see that I can use any other insert so I can keep costs down in theory....

This is the part that confuses me....taking prices from fill your pants...

-If I were to buy 5 flips (plus 5 free) it will only cost me £69.75

The other ones I like and seem to be highly recommended here are
-BG 3.0 but for just 5 they cost £71

But with BG 3.0 you would need more than 5.....right?

So aren’t they losing money???

Am I missing something?

Sorry if I’ve confused you guys, I hope you can help.

The bg v3 and the flips are two totally different nappy systems. The v3 Is a pocket nappy a high quality cover with inners lining and insert. The flip is similar to a basic two part system a wrap without a lining and inserts or prefolds.

Other inserts can be used in the flip but it may affect it's performance. I have 6 wraps and 15 inserts.

I have two inserts for each flip outer and I find that I run out of inserts before covers, so I'll be buying more soon. To use them full time, I'd probably go for two outers per day plus maybe 7 or 8 inserts - that would be plenty for us. How many you need in total depends how often you want to wash. Don't forget that you need some to wear while others are in the wash, so if you want to wash every other day you'll need two days worth, then another day for while you wash and dry the others.

It might be different with a newborn or a baby who poos more than once or twice a day though - you might need more outers, although I still find that I can reuse a cover after it's been pooed in. If the outer is dirty, the stuff they're made of is easy to clean in the sink and it'll be dry in half an hour or so. Maybe I'm just skanky though? Don't know how you'd feel about doing that!

With a pocket nappy, you can't really reuse the outer bit once it's been wet; it needs a wash. So you need as many inserts (or sets of inserts if you want to use two at once for a heavy wetter etc) as nappies.

It does seem strange that one company sells nappies with such a difference in price but like littlestar said, they're very different systems so different people will be attracted to each. Personally I love the flips. I haven't tried any BG pockets but I have loads of other pocket nappies and find flips to be a lot quicker and easier.

Don't forget that the flips are on BOGOF for a limited time only. It was originally only till the end of Jan but fill-your-pants have just extended it by a few weeks I think.

I'm pretty new to cloth and I've bought Flips as my everyday nappy. I started with 4 covers and 14 inserts and found it wasn't really enough so I've just bought another 2 covers with inserts which should be fine. I've found them really easy to use and with the BOGOF, it was the most economical way to start full time cloth nappies with a known reputable brand :thumbup:

I've just gotten my Flips but can't find any info for how to prepare them for use. I read somewhere that the covers bleed...how many times do I need to wash the covers and how? What about the inserts? I'm dying to use them!!!

Thanks ladies...Im going to go with Flips, just waiting for my money off voucher from the real nappies for london scheme...Hope I dont miss out on the BOGOF.

.x.x.x.

my zinnia flip cover bled, luckily i was only prewashing the flips not my ittis lol, bit of vanish got it out of the inserts

wash covers on a 30 or 40 degree wash, inserts on a 60.

you can put the inserts on rinse cycles to get the absorbency up, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"