Floods

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
Just reading the news. Feeling fortunate being away from the coast. Poor folk

Hope you're all safe x

It's terrible here. And there were stupid idiots wave dodging on the slipway apparently. Dreading seeing the news tomorrow, fear there might be some tragedies if people carried on. The whole harbor is flooded, their is water waist high at some points. Luckily most of the town is up hill from the coast so it's just restricted to that area. Just hope nothing bad has happened to anybody down there.

Devastating for people living there.

These idiots put their lived and then others who search for them at risk, madness!

I know people defend them saying they're just having a bit of fun and it's their life. But it's not just their life if the sea drags them in someone has to go in and look for them. And because of idiots like that Police have to go out down there to try and stop them.

It's chaos here too. (Hull) There are power cuts all over the city, the high rise hospital was in complete darkness for a few seconds before back up generators kicked in, flooding in most places. Few accidents, winds so strong a man has been killed through being blown into the road. It's horrendous and its expected to get worse tomorrow at high tide.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276270/Article/images/20267223/5587693-large.jpg

I'd heard it was bad in Hull. My BIL is there and my friend works there. Her shop is completely flooded. Not heard off BIL to know how he is though. It's bad in Whitby nearby here as well. There are also thousands of people without power being evacuated from their homes. It's terrible. Stay safe xx

Hope they're all ok, it's so scary. A lot of places pulling together and offering safe places and welfare services for those stranded.

Thank you, you too hun :hugs: xx

Omg! Thats terrible. Hope you all are ok. Stay safe.

So scary! I hope everybody stays safe :hugs:

Im near Rhyl and its been awful here, never seen anything like it :(

We didn't get the expected surge at high tide this morning, but it's possible that tonights high tide will cause more chaos. A case of sitting and waiting it out. :(

This is the tidal barrier last night :nope:
1426372_624127510980825_1739558052_n.jpg

Its been bad here in blackpool. promenade was shut yesterday cus road was to flooded it started going into the hotels. Also in cleveys it was flooding. There is a lot of damage

https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news/reader-videos-prom-closed-as-winds-batter-fylde-1-6296620

Its awful what has happened :(. Hope everyones homes are ok .

We have been flooded. These are photos of our front garden taken from the bedroom and from the front door and another one where you can just see the fire engine outside our house. The one of our garden was taken when it had only just started.

We were knee deep in water in the garage and sun room and we have lost so much stuff, including our washing machine, a big fridge and big freezer, an armchair, rugs, a fire and fireplace, loads and loads of LO's toys, clothes, all my boots and shoes apart from one pair of trainers.

We are raging with the way the council handled it but I won't start boring you all by ranting on here :haha:

Attachments

• flood1.jpg
    flood1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 10
  • flood 2.jpg
    flood 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 10
  • flood 3.jpg
    flood 3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 11
I live in Chester and the River Dee has flooded a bit but it's no where near as bad as some places :( x

Oh Katy that's awful and just before Christmas :hugs:

Have the council given you another place to stay x

Oh Katy that's awful and just before Christmas :hugs:

Have the council given you another place to stay x

Thank you for the hugs, Sparkle.

The main house is fine, thankfully - the sunroom is down some steps from the kitchen and the garage is through from there, so fortunately we are ok in the rest of the house, but the mess is just awful :( We are lucky to have a huge amount of friends offering help and support, and our parents have been here working with us, but we still have days of cleaning ahead of us, and trying to dry out the two rooms before we can put things back in. We have to clean everything that's been salvaged - it's all piled up in LO's playroom at the moment.

The thing that gets us is the fact that the police/council workers who were standing along the street when it was all about to start told us that they were not allowed to issue sandbags until the river burst its banks, but there was water starting to come up the drains in the driveway. They gave my mum a number for me to phone if I was at all worried about any water, so I phoned it and the woman told me that they were not authorised to issue any till the river burst its banks and I told her that our garden at this point was under water and it was one inch from the garage, and moving fast but she said all she could do was note it on the system!!!!!! Then by the time they eventually brought them, it was knee deep in the garden, garage and sunroom and then we had to have the fire brigade out for hours helping us save stuff and then pumping water away. They told us that if the council had given us enough sandbags in time, we'd have had 70% less water in :( xx

That is shocking, wow you must be so angry at that I'd be furious

I'm glad u have a good support network helping out.

Hope you're back in by christmas xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->