Flu jab?

fantastica

Mum.
Reaction score
We had a phone call from the gp, and a letter from clinic saying that they're vaccinating all children up to age 2 for flu/swine flu, and i'm not sure what to do. I know it's my choice, but really don't know what's best. Last year I was quite against it for some reason, but this year not so much. Any opinions? x

I'm not as against it this year as last as they have had an extra year to do testing etc. That said, I'm still not convinced that it's necessary to vaccinate against the flu. She goes to a childminder rather than a nursery so I think the chances of her coming into contact with the flu is quite slim so I don't think it would be worth the risk for us. We haven't been offered it anyway.

Thank you!
That's what I thought too really, he's not in an at risk group or anything, I don't really know why they're offering it....although we're in the channel islands so maybe they're not running as low as the uk! He's also got a bit of a stuffy nose and i'm not keen on jabs when they're not 100%. Will think on it, but i'm not convinced it's needed tbh! x

We haven't been offered it but I wouldn't give it to him if we were and I'm refusing it as a pregnant woman as well. Don't trust it one bit, and think it's all a lot of drama over nothing tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->