Flu Shots??

wow thanks guys I appreciate all the responses!!

guess I'm off to get mine tonight...

Lollipops LOL

Oh I hate needles... Since the molar pregnancy when they took blood twice a day for three weeks I got phobic to needles.
not good as on Thursday I have to do my 7DPO Blood tests and probably the flu jab... two needles on the same day!!

Does that mean I get two lollipops?:haha:

You do deserve two lollipops for that :flower:

hey guys,

So I'm in Canada and usually get one. I went to get mine a month ago and was about 2 days DPO. I thought I remembered that they recommended it for pregnant women so didn't think twice. As they were preparing the needle, they asked me if there was any possibility that I could be pregnant. I hesitated for a moment and then explained that I was trying, but it was very early days. The nurse told me they don't recommend the vaccine for women in the first trimester and turned me away.

As an aside, I was with a couple work colleagues as my employer was hosting the clinic - they overheard and so I had to fess up about ttc-ing. I wasn't really planning on sharing with my work colleagues... so far they have been discreet though. It was a bit awkward.

Anyway, that was my experience ... sounds like the advice I got was contrary to the advice most of us.

oh man I would not want my coworkers to know at all

That is actually die on the spot with embarassment material there :blush:

I would have thought the risk to a not yet fertilised egg would be non existent, and a lot less than the real risk of catching flu whilst pg.

I'm getting my shot next week at work.

call ahead and make sure you can...we don't want you to die :blush:

Cheers Milty but last time I caught a proper flu I would have welcomed death - so I'm getting jagged regardless :rofl:

I keep thinking I getting my done each day but then I get busy...

I'm gonna try and do it before O so I don't have to worry

I really would die if my coworkers found...I don't know what I'm going to do if I get PG and have to tell them..

Just the other day two of the girls who are exactly my age were teasing me because I was the only one who wasn't a grandmother yet! The kid with me for have such a young child as it is :wacko: I live in wacko town by the way

Milty, I live in the middle of a cornfield, so I get it.:haha:

If you have a CVS or Walgreens near you, you can get a flu shot there, and from what I know, they are offering the nasal mist and will bill your insurance.:flower:

One girl I went to school with is already a grandma too, but in all fairness she was a total slut....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->