Flu Shots??

Milty

Reaction score
So when you all are TTC do you get Flu Shots?

Any opinions welcome as I'm trying to decide if I want one or not...

Do you think it effects TTC?

I had one...have done so every year; my doctor recommends it.

I have one too, for other health problems and beacuse I work as a nurse so get exposed to lots of coughing/sneezing people. If you are thinking about it, it is definetely recommended in pregnancy so if you are TTC it mightn't be a bad idea to have done first. It isn't a live vaccine so no reason to wait afterwards to carry on TTC

I had one too. It is recommended for pregnant women and since I am trying to think positive, I had one in the hopes that I would be. Crazy logic I know, but it made sense to me at the time. :haha:

I have one anyway, I'm asthmatic and healthy people die of the flu every year.

Was also told by a doctor that the fever associated with flu is very dangerous to a foetus, much more so than the fluvax.

That is a good question Milty, as I was thinking of having the flu shot as well!
well thanks ladies for the answers, I will get mine this week!

IDK about the UK, but here in the States, I get the flu shot that's a nasal spray...no needled involved.

I want to be in the US!!!!!!!! I should travel to Texas where my mother lives for a nasal flu shot!

They use needles here in the UK:cry::wacko:

I had one but I'm a nurse so we kind of have to so we don't got off sick during flu season!
It was fine, slight aching arm for a few hours
xx

It's not a big needle, and doesn't really hurt.

I bruise easily so do end up with a big itchy rash and bruise but hey ho, that still craps on getting the actual flu -I missed my flu shot due to work commitments 3 years ago and caught the proper flu and it was dreadful, felt like death warmed up for 2 weeks.

I'm in Oregon and mine was a needle. *Cries*

Actually, I usually refuse to have a flu shot. Twice in my life I've had a flu shot, and twice I've had crippling flu. Guess which years I had the flu? Now medical professionals swear up and down that it's not possible, but I don't buy it. I've heard too many instances of it happening to others as well.

But this year was different. I had mine when I was 4 weeks, 3 days.

A2....I thought it was bc one would get a dfferent strain of flu than what is in the shot, but the hell do I know? :haha:

My kid had swine flu 2 years ago, that was fun....:nope:

That's probably the case, but it was just awfully coincidental, since those are the only times I've had the flu.

Swine flu, ugh, poor kid! Now that was some nasty bug. :(

What DM said :thumbup:

The fluvax in any one year only carries the most predominant strains, there will always be a few more rare viruses that aren't included.

If that's any consolation Super Awesome it was a "special" flu you got.

Yep, we all ended up on meds for swine flu for some strange reason...:nope:

Oh dear, Swine flu, that is a nasty one, lasts forever!

I will have mine this week, I just hope NorthStar is right and the needle is not big!

It's not Sus now man up woman!!!! In Aus they used to give us a lollipop afterwards, no such luck here in the UK.

Lollipops LOL

Oh I hate needles... Since the molar pregnancy when they took blood twice a day for three weeks I got phobic to needles.
not good as on Thursday I have to do my 7DPO Blood tests and probably the flu jab... two needles on the same day!!

Does that mean I get two lollipops?:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->