Fluids

k4th

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just over 11 weeks and on the whole I'm feeling pretty good. I'm trying not to worry about my bbs not being sore or feeling as queasy.

But the one symptom I still have is driving me nuts. I really don't like any drinks at the moment. I know I need to stay hydrated and I know I need to drink more than I am. But just looking at a glass of water/ juice/soda/tea/coffee etc just makes me feel sick.

I'm so grateful to be pregnant finally & am not complaining - but any suggestions would be good. Is anyone else finding this aversion to drinks?

Try eating saltine crackers with it! I've been drinking Naked brand strawberry and banana smoothie drink because of all the fruit in it, but I can't drink it without eating crackers because it turns my stomach sour. I'm okay with water but it is so bland that I get bored with it lol.

I usually drink a ton of water but I'm finding with this pregnancy (and my first as well) its so difficult to want to drink anything, especially water. I've started squeezing lemon juice into my water and that seems to be helping a bit

How are you doing on food aversions and nausea? Have you considered eating your hydration? https://www2.ca.uky.edu/enri/pubs/enri129.pdf

I found this really useful, water is 1g=1mL so you can stock up on fruits and veg that have a lot of water in them to boost your intake!

Have you tried ginger ale and ginger beer? I know they're soda and you may not WANT to drink them, but they might help settle your stomach once they're in your system.

I'd say try the saltines too and also mayb try eating Popsicles

Vimto cordial is my best friend. It was the only thing I could drink with ds1 and I still love it now. I'd never drink enough without it! X

Ahughes - smoothie sound sooooo good right now. But I'm craving salty foods like crisps anyway & it's not helping me to drink :shrug:

Kikizz - I might try the lemon. It seems like me aversions change - everything I think I've found a drink I like... I go off it. So lemon may keep me going for a bit :thumbup: I had this with my first too - I can force it down but don't want it

Pgfairy - fab chart!! Thanks. I'll give this a go!!

Sg - I'm going to try ice pops too. Have a freezer full of them & never thought :dohh:

Thanks for replying ladies! I'm feeling hopeful I can find something to get some extra fluids down!

Thanks bun - I wish I could find something I really love. ( I hate Vimto anyway though lol). Might just go & stand in the cordial aisle of a shop & see if anything takes my fancy :s

I'm the same for a couple of weeks I was able to drink cordial but went off that then it was strawberry milkshake but gone off that too now and for the past 3 days been drinking pure orange juice but again starting to go off that too. Not sure what I will drink now.

I find adding lots of ice helps to drink water but I only drink it on a night when I take my anti sickness meds. Been eating apples and ice lollies to help keep hydrated x

I'm the same for a couple of weeks I was able to drink cordial but went off that then it was strawberry milkshake but gone off that too now and for the past 3 days been drinking pure orange juice but again starting to go off that too. Not sure what I will drink now.

I find adding lots of ice helps to drink water but I only drink it on a night when I take my anti sickness meds. Been eating apples and ice lollies to help keep hydrated x

This is it exactly!!! Thanks goodness I'm not the one! Lol! Ice hasn't really helped me much - I did try that.

I've found I'm panicking in the evening about how much I've not been drinking/going to the loo in the day - so then I force a pint of water down & have to get up in the night which triggers my insomnia :dohh:

Hugs it's hard isn't it. I have no appetite either so finding foods is the same lol x

Hugs it's hard isn't it. I have no appetite either so finding foods is the same lol x

See, I do have the same thing with food but I've managed to find enough variety to just keep changing & eating what I feel like. It's very faddy eating but it works. Well... With the exception of a craving for Philadelphia & wotsit sandwiches. I keep eating those.... Yum!

Hope this passes soon for both of us :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->