Flying with a baby

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
My dad is booking tickets for me and Jacob to go and see him in Boston in april!

Jacob will be 5 months old at the time and its about a 6 hour flight!

Can you take cartons of formula through security?? what if im weaning him by then, what do I need to take then?? Do I have to pay more to take his car seat with us and what do i do with it at the airport?!

I am normally a very confident traveller and have done the journey many a time on my own before but Im getting myself all worked up over it now!

x

I flew to Spain with Theo when he was 2 months old and it was fine. He even slept through both take off's! You can take as much formula as you want, but you have to try them first, esp in transatlantic flights, to check that there is nothing dodgy. I suggest bottles are better than cartons so you can close them back up again. I checked about the car seat when we went but decided not to take it. App you can check it in and they shouldn't charge you anything for it - and also you can get car seat covers which seem like a really good idea so car seat is protected in the hold.

Book a bassinet by calling now if possible. I didn't have to try any of the formula we brought on with us and we were allowed to bring as much as we wanted. You can book in your carseat at the gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->