Flying

traylee01

Reaction score
have you or will you fly in the first 12 weeks??

i have read so many mixed reviews on people misscarrying not long after they have flown .

i am booked to fly coast to sydney next month but bit worried

I'm a bit worried as well....I leave for a trip when I'll be 12w2d and returning at exactly 13 weeks. I know the doctors say not in the 3rd trimester but I completely forgot to ask her at my first appt! I go see the doctor again 3 days before my trip but that is cutting it close if the says no! Still kind of stressing and I would hate to have this trip to tell DH's family over thanksgiving only to return home and have something bad happen because of flying....

Yes last year my Dr wrote me note to cancel Bali flight said not good idea but that turned out to be blighted ovum so I cancelled for nothing. But I only just took test today so I'll wait and see

I flew in the second tri with my last pregnancy. 12 hour direct flight from West coast USA to UK.

Honestly I wouldn't do it again. My feet swelled massively , I was extremely thirsty and uncomfortable. I felt horrible for a few days after (not just jet lag) . I personally wouldn't like to fly in the first tri.

It depends how long the flight is. Short flights yes, long flights probably not for me. Although I know many have and are fine.

its 1hr ish, only domestic flight

but yea maybe i can get some money back with medical note

I asked my midwife this at my booking appointment and she said that as long as its been a healthy pregnancy so far they aren't against it. She recommended wearing flight socks and walking lots on the plane

I did 2x12 hour flights when I was 8 weeks with #1 (didn't at the time know I was pg) and I did 2x3 hour flights at 5 weeks with #2 and fingers crossed I haven't had any issues.

I flew three times (so 6 flights) when I was pregnant with my daughter...once before I even found out I was pregnant (5ish weeks) once at about 16 weeks and once at around 32 weeks. The first two were about 2 hours each and the last 2.5 hours. I was absolutely fine. I wouldn't want to fly right now because of MS, but I do have a 2 hour flight booked when I'll be 13-14 weeks. Just make sure you drink plenty and maybe wear flight socks if it's more than an hour or two...and get up at least once to stretch your legs (you'll probably need the toilet anyway) you'll be fine!

I flew at 9 weeks (2 flights, 1 x 1 he and 1 x 3hr and back again) this pregnancy and all is good. Flying again at 18 weeks (7hrs)

Last pregnancy I flew 15 hours before I found out I was pregnant with a 12 hour delay at our connecting flight and then again at 17 weeks.

I'll be flying when I'm around 8 weeks. It's a short flight (about 2 hours), so I think I'll be okay. Thanks to the ladies who suggested flight socks, I'm going to look into that as my feet already swell up from time to time (I'm almost 6 weeks).

I'm also going to request a pat down at security instead of going through the xray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->