FlyLady Support Thread

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Does anyone follow the FlyLady?

I am wanting to start again but know if I do it alone I will end up giving up again!

I do. I love it. :blush:

I've been FLYing since October and I keep trying to convince other people to get on board saying 'It's really embarrassing and kitschy but it SAVED MY LIFE!' :haha:

I'm the most disorganised person ever, or at least I was until last October.

Looked into doing this before but didn't in the end. Think I need to look into it again as definitely need something to help me!

Bambi do it and we can muddle through together lol

whistle did you follow the baby steps to start with?

I've heard of this, isn't it helping with housework?

Would love to give it a go but I guess it's not clever with a newborn! Lol

if you do give up, at least try to keep your sink shiny :) I found it overwhelming at times.

Ooooh, I love FlyLady and have fluttered in and out for a few years now. <3 It's helping with my nesting urge at the moment, but I'm only really doing the routines side of things. :)

Gonna give it a go, afterall, it can't exactly make my house much worse! Off to shine my sink :thumbup:

Woo hoo!! Let's all do this together. <3

I'll be doing my washing up/drying/shining sink in a moment. :D

Maybe we should make a support group in the groups forum? :)

I just did this to my sink...

Knowing that I'll be taking photos and showing people really motivates me to do a good job. I should have done a before shot too, really! :p

(Haha! Notice the Post-It on the left hand side. It says, "Get dressed to shoes, shine your sink, FlyLady forum." :haha: )

Attachments

• P1070714.jpg
    P1070714.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
I can move this thread over & rename it :) so we don't lose anyone on the way :)

Bambi do it and we can muddle through together lol

whistle did you follow the baby steps to start with?

I did, and I found it really helped to be strict with myself, because I found that she explains everything so it all makes sense and fits together. I think if I'd just assumed I knew what I was doing I would have either crashed and burned or ended up doing things wrong and making more work for myself.

I've heard of this, isn't it helping with housework?

Would love to give it a go but I guess it's not clever with a newborn! Lol

I'd say if someone wanted to do it with a newborn you could take it really really simple and just focus on one habit a month. If you got just your dishes washed up and sink rinsed out most evenings from now till baba is 6 months you'd be doing ten times better than I was at that stage!!!

well I cleaned my sink, it looks all lovely now :)

The bit I struggle with is getting dressed to your shoes, I understand why, I just hate wearing shoes in the house! am I meant to wear them all day? lol

Yay! So pleased to find this group. :) Good luck to everyone who's flying.

buttonnose - I must admit the shoes bit is the one rule I've never followed. I see why she says to do it, but I just get properly dressed and wear slippers with it iykwim? I can't be dealing with wearing shoes indoors!

glad I'm not the only one, we never wear shoes in the house, we literally walk through the door and take shoes off right away!

Anyone doing the 15 minutes decluttering a day for February? I recently did this in our spare room before we painted it for DS to move into. Hubby always tries to get me to join him in decluttering a whole room at a time, which I hate, but over Christmas I quietly started doing 15 minutes of chucking every day in there and it was amazing how quickly I got rid of it all (and not just put away in boxes to be lugged to a different room). I'm tackling our stationery this week - how many envelopes, notebooks, folders and blah blah blah do we really need?!

I never wear shoes in the house either but put them on this morning. Felt weird so ended up taking them off after a while, plus LO kept asking me if we were going out :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->