FLYlady Support Thread!

We go something like up, brekkie, bottle, dressed, nap, mummy tidy and clean. The bottle is flexible depending on what time he fed in the night.

Modern houses in the SE, built for yuppies...

I'd love an ensuite but I am quite glad that I only have one bog to clean :haha: Where does FLYlady stand on ironing??

We haven't got that far yet.

As for where *I* stand on ironing: Don't bother unless special occasion. If you dry and store things properly, no iron is required. Kevin took a PHOTO of me last time I ironed, it happens so rarely. I was six months pregnant :rofl:

Blinkin heck! I'm wasting time here on unnecessary ironing! How do you dry them then to make sure they're not so creased? We don't have a tumble drier so my washing goes on the line x

Just make sure it's straight when you put it on the line and try not to peg somewhere it'll show. I should point out that my hubby wears jeans and t-shirt to work (he's a techie) which does help.

Hmmm...Yes I never iron jeans. Don't suppose I'll get away with not ironing Lee's work clothes then? :haha:

main bathroom has his n his sinks for the boys, dont mind cleaning sinks it is toilets I hate, with just me n boys I get to clean the drips :sick:

as for ironing my secret is a hubby in the military so he does any ironing - all his!!! The rest goes on the line (straight) with soft close pegs so no peg marks and is folded and smoothed once dry....if its wet then in the dryer or on the rack.

SE Yuppies :haha:

who irons jeans :shock: there is a lady at Mogsters preschool who irons even their underwear :wacko:

That is mental! Ironing underwear comes under the same bracket as ironing bedding IMO, what's the point?!
Ok so just set myself an hour to sort out the house whilst hubby is at footie. I managed to...
*Hoover & mop kitchen floor
*Do the dishes
*Shine the sink
*Tidy living room
*Sort dry washing
*Tidy Archie's room (it's a dump site at the moment because we're decorating our bedroom)
*Thoroughly clean bathroom
*Lay out clothes for tomorrow

I'm now lounging with a much deserved glass of wine feeling very pleased with my home!

To be fair Nic, I'd not cleaned the bathroom for about 4 weeks :haha:

:happydance: Loving this thread

I don't iron anymore either. Not safe with little children around is it? ahem...anyway I get my clothes out of the machine and shake them, then i fold them carefully in a pile for a bit to get the creases out then peg them out :thumbup:

Today i have

Swished and swiped
Hoovered Lounge
Swept kitchen floor
2 loads washing
A bit of de-cluttering(work in progress)
dishwasher

I think thats it, house still a tip in places but much better

Today's flight plan:

Same as yesterday plus a 27 fling boogie in the living room :)

I have already reorganised the kitchen to make it a bit more efficient.

Today I got up with DH (even though I'm on holiday), took him to work then went to the gym for about an hour.

Went to the wholesalers and bought food for dinner and a couple of e-cloths.
Cleaned the bathroom - which took forever, hasn't really been done thoroughly since my aunt came to visit in February (how minging are we?), I needed to use Jif as well as the e-cloth.

Mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors (again - been months since I did this - bleugh)

Polished my sink.

We live in a 3 or technically 4 bedroomed house (one is the computer/shed room) and we only have 2 sinks - 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen!

SIL and her husband are coming to stay for the weekend - have only met her for about 4 hours in total (same as DH - she was a surprise older half sister), so should be interesting - but also a good reason to get cleaning.

I think it's time I got the FLY lady to email me, before I forget what I'm supposed to do!

Oh good work Lucy :)

I think I'm going to unsubscribe from emails, can get the flight plans on FB :thumbup:

2 loads of washing on the line, not much else achieved beyond getting me n the boys dressed, fed etc Jack snoozing whilst Mogster and I have lunch....he is in the doghouse for chucking ant powder EVERYWHERE....that stuff does not sweep up easily :nope:

I feel I should be mopping later :blush:

I didn't swish and swipe the bathroom this morning having only cleaned it last night! Have yet to shine my sink too :blush:
But so far I have...
*Been and done the big shop at tesco (what a f*cking nightmare that place is)
*Made 35 meals for Archie plus 5 for mummy and daddy (just invested in a chest freezer!)
*Helped hubby dismantle the wardrobes and done a tip run
*2 loads of washing and towels are just in now
And now I'm off to finish stripping the sodding bedroom! Whose idea was it to decorate?!

Bugger swish and swipe if you've got all that done!! Nice one hun :thumbup:

Thanks roonsma! Chuffing hell, did I tell you I HATE decorating??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->