Foam vs Springs

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone's got any advice on which is the best type of mattress for a cot, or what type you've bought for your little one :shrug:

There's that many different types to choose from I really can't decide which would be best :dohh:

I will probably go for foam cause springs can dig into a baby if they get worn out so i think foam is the best option x

Thanks, I was driving myself nuts thinking about it.

I'm off to Toys r Us tomorrow to get the cot, I wanted to get the mattress at the same time. :D

Thanks, I was driving myself nuts thinking about it.

I'm off to Toys r Us tomorrow to get the cot, I wanted to get the mattress at the same time. :D

Have fun shopping :D

Yeh I've got foam too. Didn't know you could get spring mattresses for cots.
They don't sell anything here :(

I'd think foam is best for a baby/child.

Foam is what we plumped for. Also consider the covering you're after.

We went with a vinal one so that we can wipe it down after any little accidents. Which seeing as how Charlie had acid reflux when he was a tiny small, I'm really glad we did. It also cuts the chances of allergy reactions with dust and that. :)

I wasn't sure which to get, so i went middle of the road! Prices started at about 36 quid for foam and went upto about 120 quid for spring, from toysrus. I bought a spring one for about 70 quid. It has several layers of different stuff to it and i thought may last longer being spring, the cotbed i bought lasts until she's about 4/5.

I haven't got mine yet but was going to go for a spring one as recommended by Gina Ford. She says foam ones "tend to sink in the middle within a few months" and recomends a "natural cotton spring interior" one.

xxx

Thanks for all the replies, it helped me make my mind up. :thumbup:

I got the cot and mattress today from Toys R Us. I chose an Airflow Foam one, it's got a waterproof wipe clean cover, orthopaedic foam and the price was quite good. (God, sorry, I sound like an advert)!!

DH is having a week off soon so he's going to put the cot up and get the nursery sorted out. I'm really excited. :happydance:

Oh thats good interesting question, i need a new mattress for our cot bed, not even started to look yet but i guess we'll get a spring one if they last longer.xx

MMmm. Good choice :lol:

I suppose the orthopaedic bit means it wont sink so much?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->