Fobbed off

classyburd

Mummy to Archie
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like they just get fobbed off whenever they ring MW, labour ward whatever.

Just rung now as past few days i have felt exhausted. Been sat on the couch doing sweet FA for the past hour or so yet my heart still feels like its racing.

Got OH to take my pulse rate and its coming out at 110bpm, now i thought this was quite high for resting postition so rung up labour ward as its the only number i have.

Person i spoke to wasnt nasty with me or funny, but just didnt really offer any advice or help or anything to really put my mind at rest.
Have come off the phone like a blubbering crying mess :cry:

Anyone else experiencing this fast heart rate?

:hugs: My friend was in hospital due to lack of baby movements and when they took her pulse it was 112 bpm and they then kept her in for that and did a 24hr ECG they found no cause and she gave birth 2 wks later her pulse is bk to normal , I would ring nhs direct as the mw is trained in pregnancy related things and this may not be ...i hope that makes sense xx

Hun call them back and tell them youre coming in to get checked over!!! Dont let them do that! If your worried its even worse for you and bubs! xxx

Hi,I had probs this week with my heart rate and BP.Mine was 150bpm and High BP at the highest resting point and my MW sent me down to ANDAU for tests was kept there for a few hours and sent me home when pulse was at 128bpm and told to rest.The midwife came back following morning and sent me back as it was still racing,this time when I went the midwife who was there in charge was really dismissive so I know how you feel,she sent me home when heart rate was 135bpm and told me to rest.She was acting as if I stupid and I was totally wasting her time a total contrast to the midwife the day before.If you are worried just keep on at them.When I went in on the first day they did bloods,urine,ecg and had the baby on moniter and did a quick scan etc and were fab.x

Sending you hugs. I have not had any need to contact my MW or labour ward but did visit my GP as I was getting really strong heart palpertations at 30 weeks after consulting NHS Direct. It was really scary but I was assured that it was normal in pregnancy due to extra blood being pumped around and that I was not to worry. This went on for about 5 days and I was doing nothing!! Now I can't even stand up to do the ironing for more than 5 minutes wthout needing to strip off and sit down as I get so hot and exhausted!! Can I suggest calling NHS Direct? they were great for me!

Might ring NHS direct but OH had to get me to ring hospital as it was coz i felt like i was being silly and midering them, which i hate doing.
Got my local midwife on wednesdya so dunno wether i should wait til then as long as i feel ok otherwise?????
BP last wed was 121/82 and heartrate was just over 100 and she didnt seem to concerned then. Am ok not gettin headache or dizzy, just feel so outta puff and knackered.

Like the others have said hun! Dont be fobbed off if you feel you have... ring back and say you want to be checked x

Am gonna be visiting tomorrow for a look round the labour ward, i may mention it all then while im actually there.

Don't let them fob you off hun xxx
I am in bed now,feel so knackered and just don't want to do anything.
Huge effort to type ,LOL

Ask when you visit tomorrow xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"