Follow on milk

Alyssa Drough

Reaction score
My DD is nearly 6 months. She's been on stage 1 milk since 3 weeks old - we never bothered with stage 2/hungry milk.

She's on about 5 bottles a day, and is starting to wean, but hasn't replaced whole feeds with food yet - she usually has a small bowl of porridge or half a jar of puree but finishes off with milk.

Can I just do a straight switch to stage 3 follow on milk? Or do I need to wean off 1 and onto the other?

My dd only bn on formula since post 6 months but I just put her on stage 1 milk as bn told by many people follow on milk is unnecessary. Was there a particular reason you wanted to switch? Xx

Follow on milk is a marketing gimmick as they're prohibited from advertising first milk.

Stick with stage 1, there is barely any difference anyway.

Cheers ladies...

My Nan bought me a tub so I'll use it soon cos I've got it anyway. But if I don't need to worry about it then great :)

You don't need to but I changed cause you get Tesco points on it lol. No issues with direct switch

Stage 1 is the healthiest milk, the follow on milks have more complex proteins that are harder to digest and there have been links to weight problems, as the others say it is a gimmick, I would stick to stage 1 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->