Following on from the earlier water thread...

MrsMandy

Reaction score
If you have to be careful with the sweeteners in sugar free squash, what's better (and dont say plain water! ☺) normal or sugar free squash - I'm trying to drink more!!

as an american - the heck is "squash"?

I keep thinking you're all referring to the vegetable, but then it appears to be a drink.

I keep thinking you're all referring to the vegetable, but then it appears to be a drink.

Oh, ha - now imaging drinking the vegatable with a straw like they do with coconuts!! :haha:

Squash is a concentrated juice that you dilute with water.
It comes in no added sugar, and regular, but the no sugar has sweetners in it which apparently are bad for you so i dont know which to go for as i'm trying to be healthier and drink more but cant stand just plain water!!

I have artificial sweetener phobia after reading too many news articles, but I'm no doctor. I avoid it in everything though. Raw sugar and honey are the best to use I think? I don't drink soda or juice myself but I love plain water so it doesn't bother me. Some fake sweeteners can upset your digestive system.

I realised that drinking full sugar ribena i was having hundreds of calories a day juat from squash. However i also have an artificial aweetener problem. I try and just drink water now but you can add lemon or other fruit or maybe try making iced tea?

I tried adding lemon and lime and nearly gagged!!!
I'm not trying to be delibereatly difficult!! 😜

I'm drinking elderflower cordial ATM, I can't see that there's artificial sweetener in there but I think it said sulphites which I hear isn't good! We really should just drink water shouldn't we..... :/

And I imagine the more you dilute it the better?

One way I try and drink more water is to take your usual squash and over time add less and less - you eventually get used to the new taste then eventually you'll add so little that it won't even be worth it anymore.

I can only drink it when it's cold. When it's fresh out the tap ugh no way can't drink that so I fill up two 2 litre bottles and leave them in the fridge overnight. I have a 700ml bottle which I try and drink one of those with every meal and another one throughout the day.

I never used to drink water but now can drink 3 litres a day no problem just by doing this.

I try and avoid any of the nasties if possible so id say natural sugar is better than sweetener.

If I drink cordial (aka squash) I have the sugar free one but make sure it has the natural sweeteners in it. But I rarely drink it, I make my own flavoured water. Cucumber, strawberries, mint, kiwi, lemons, limes, oranges, watermelon etc all make yummy vitamin water

I always drink water steeped with lemon, cucumber and mint. So refreshing :)

I refer back to my prevous post - i tried and it made me gag!! I guess i'm just a sugar whore :haha:
You'll prob all be horrified but i have sweetner in my tea and coffee anyway!!

Oh, ha - now imaging drinking the vegatable with a straw like they do with coconuts!! :haha:

Squash is a concentrated juice that you dilute with water.
It comes in no added sugar, and regular, but the no sugar has sweetners in it which apparently are bad for you so i dont know which to go for as i'm trying to be healthier and drink more but cant stand just plain water!!

okay! we just call it concentrate.

I've never understood the need to add extra sugar/sweeteners to juice.

Have you considered trying fruit infused water? Just take a jug of water and toss some fruit of your choice in, refrigerate and drink throughout the day. I adored it with blackberry and mint while I was pregnant. Not being a big fan of plain water either, I find it helps and a better choice than juice.

I admit to drinking no added sugar squash, can't stand sugared drinks and I am another that really doesn't like plain water that much. I am trying to just reduce the amount I put in my drinks and never buy anything with aspartame. I know Robinson's use it. I try to buy mine from Sainsburys as they use sucrolose x

Equeriel I believe in the states it is called cordial. It's a bit like kool aid but in liquid rather than powder form x

I drink no added sugar robinsons because I prefer the taste!! I'm not one to care about sweeteners or things though, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, life's too short!

I never used to be bother worrying but people wonder why so an so happens and most health problems and even heavy periods stem from our relationship with chemicals

Natural sugars are better than sweeteners. Sweeteners still have the same effect on your body as sugars as your body assumes you have had sugar. So you might as well have the natural sugar and drink less of it.

Personally I would always choose drinks with sugar over drinks with sweeteners.

I admit to drinking no added sugar squash, can't stand sugared drinks and I am another that really doesn't like plain water that much. I am trying to just reduce the amount I put in my drinks and never buy anything with aspartame. I know Robinson's use it. I try to buy mine from Sainsburys as they use sucrolose x

Equeriel I believe in the states it is called cordial. It's a bit like kool aid but in liquid rather than powder form x

I'm in the US and to me cordial is a liqueur or type of candy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->