Food allergies - help please!

Jft1

Reaction score
Hello,
Looking for a bit of advice, I don't have a HV just now as she's on maternity leave and my case isn't getting covered and I don't want to bother a doctor with this just now. I will after this pandemic.
My DS has been on solids since about 18 weeks because he had bad reflux and I was advised to start weaning. He's been absolutely great and loves everything I've given him. He's 6 months now so I've started introducing new food groups - the first was rice pudding which had some milk in it. About 4 hours later he came out in a rash around his mouth and on his body. It looked like eczema. He was absolutely fine and wasn't unwell, but the rash was bad. I stopped giving him dairy and it went away. I tried again a week later and the same thing happened.
Today I tried him with weetabix for breakfast (with formula) and the same thing happened. His top lip is swollen and he's got a bit of a rash.
So I guess my question is, given that these are mild reactions, do I stop giving him the foods and try him again in a month or so? Or should he get a little bit now and again?
Any help/advice/similar stories would be great x

It’s sounds like a delayed reaction . DD2 and DS have both had/got a milk allergy and had the same symptoms you described .

How are his stools after eating these ? Is he ok with other dairy/wheat products ?

Usually they advise leaving it 6-8weeks before trying again. That’s what the dietician told me with regards to the milk allergy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->