Food Lists

c1403

Reaction score
Now the present buying is almost done, I've started on my food lists.....

It is just Me, DH, DD1 and DD2 Christmas Eve/day. DH is working boxing day and then he's off rest the week (when we go to London)

We have wasted far to much in the past so I want to avoid that but still get all the Christmas goodies we all love.

ETA: all I have so far is the Nutella as it had Father Christmas on the jar.

Meats
Fish (Christmas Eve)
Chicken/Turkey (Christmas day)
Salmon

Veg/Fruit
Broccoli
Carrots
Parsnips
Green beans
Potatoes
Apple's
Satsumas

Bread/Dairy
Crumpets
Eggs
Milk
Cheese (various selection)
Cream cheese
Bagels

Cupboard
Gravy
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Chutney
Nutella
Tinned fruit
Crisps
Biscuits
Chocolate
Crackers
Cereal

Frozen
Party foods
Yorkshire puddings
Desert
Frozen pastries

Drink
Gin (me)
Rum (DH)
Wine (white)
Coke
Tonic
Ribena
Smoothies

Feel free to add any of your lists it may help with anything I've forgot :)

Sounds fab. I actually managed to book my asda slot today, I just need to do my order from Morrison's pre-order thing. I'll probably pick some of the cupboard things up on my travels rather than wait but I like having the delivery slot so I don't have to worry about doing a massive shop. Got it for the 23rd so dh cab run out and get anything they don't have but usually I won't stress about it. If we can't get it we can't get it.

We are terrible at eating things early so I'm planning on waiting for most of it except asdas Christmas tree crumpets lol as they never ever have them when I go!

We did a M&S order last year for our meats (and our car broke down when we went to collect, nightmare!)

DH said not to bother this year as it's just us and girls will be so excited they may not eat much.

We are trying to not go as mad with the dinner this year for much the same reason. However DH said that means we can get 'posher' things so it won't be any cheaper :haha: I'm hoping the older boys will sit longer this year. They get so excited about the idea of Christmas dinner and say it's one of their favourite parts, and make requests, then when it comes to it they want to rush off again :haha:

We'll be at in-laws for Christmas Eve and day so won't need to buy too much. Mil does turkey, but I'm veggie, so I normally make a veggie Wellington to take.

Need to get puff pastry, squash, cranberries, chestnuts and Wensleydale cheese for that.

We'll maybe take a few bits for Xmas Eve buffet.

I like to get some nice cheese's and crackers for a supper one night.

Also some nice drinks for a treat
Prosecco
Rose
Cherry Coke
Sprite

Veggie Wellington sounds yummy. I don't eat much meat myself. Is it difficult to make (I am a crap cook tbh)

Veggie Wellington sounds yummy. I don't eat much meat myself. Is it difficult to make (I am a crap cook tbh)

I wouldn't say it was difficult to make and you can pretty much put in whatever filling you like.

I usually roast some butternut squash with some dried sage sprinkled on.

Fry off some red onion or mushrooms (or both)

Chop chestnuts (the ones out the packet that are already cooked) and dried cranberries

Get the pre rolled puff pastry and pile everything on including the cheese, then just roll the pastry over and seal it. Brush some milk or egg wash all over it then throw it in the oven. Just make sure the edge where you sealed it is on the bottom, then it shouldn't split or leak.

I've started to make 2 smaller ones, as opposed to one big one, as I think the pastry cooks better. You can also freeze them before you cook them.

There's lots of recipes if you Google it. I tend to just make it up as I go along, but they've always turned out yummy 😀

Sounds fab. I actually managed to book my asda slot today, I just need to do my order from Morrison's pre-order thing. I'll probably pick some of the cupboard things up on my travels rather than wait but I like having the delivery slot so I don't have to worry about doing a massive shop. Got it for the 23rd so dh cab run out and get anything they don't have but usually I won't stress about it. If we can't get it we can't get it.

Sorry to jump in, how did you get your Christmas slot? Mine are showing up as not available yet!

Sorry to jump in, how did you get your Christmas slot? Mine are showing up as not available yet!

I just took the change and clicked forward each week until I got there. All of the 24th were full and quite a bit of the 23rd too. I was surprised I even managed to get that far tbh

I just took the change and clicked forward each week until I got there. All of the 24th were full and quite a bit of the 23rd too. I was surprised I even managed to get that far tbh

Maybe it's by area because mine say they get realise on the 20th. I hope I haven't missed a trick and miss getting a slot!

I didn't think they released until the end of the month but just tried my luck

I tried for an Asda slot and couldn't get one close to Christmas

I’ve booked our Asda slot, pre ordered the turkey and salmon. Not as fancy as m&s but it will do this year.

I can’t remember how it works....no money comes out until the order is delivered right, so I can keep adding to the order until the night before.

I may pick up bits before then, just hope it all works and nothing goes wrong lol.

I’ve booked our Asda slot, pre ordered the turkey and salmon. Not as fancy as m&s but it will do this year.

I can’t remember how it works....no money comes out until the order is delivered right, so I can keep adding to the order until the night before.

I may pick up bits before then, just hope it all works and nothing goes wrong lol.

Yeah, you won't get charged till the night before. With Tesco it's 11:45 the previous night, not sure about asda.
I want my Tesco slot! I'm supposed to get priority because I pay for delivery saver but nothing yet :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->