food piosoning

finbump

Reaction score
Hello, I'm 21 weeks pregnant and all the sudden tonight I have come.down with a headache and I was sick, the sickness.has subsided for now, even though I was only sick once, is this food poisoning? Or can this happen threw out pregnancy as a normal symptom?

Also can heartburn or over heating bring these symptoms on, any help will be appreciated. :) first baby, only found out 3 weeks ago I was pregnant, I think I may worry way to much x

Could be...I got something similar a while back, I think it was food poisoning. I called my doctor and she said try to stay hydrated most importantly. If I was vomiting and not holding water down after 24 hrs to go in for IV fluids. She also called in a safe anti nausea medicine. I ended up finally holding water down after 18 hours, so didn't need to go in.
I don't throw up much - overheating and heartburn don't make me, but I guess it could for some.
Hope you feel better!

Food poisoning usually isn't just one moment of being sick. How bad was your head ache? I get migraines that make me throw up.
And heartburn and overheating can also cause you to vomit, overheating can cause a head ache too.

At 20 weeks, I had a headache and felt rubbish and ended up vomiting. I even had a few Braxton Hicks.
The following day, the sickness properly kicked in and I couldnt keep water down. I went into hospital and they advised I had keytones in my urine that showed de-hydration, so I had to stay in 24 hours on IV fluids to re-hydrate me. They said it was gastroenteritis.

Id say if it persists, and you cant keep water down to pay the hospital a visit as they told me de-hydration can bring on premature labour.

Thank you :) oh gosh hope you and baby are ok now, it turns out I had a cold coming and a bit of a stomachs bug.. just over panicking as usual. Thank you for the reply though :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->