Food throwing?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Everything i give to Rhys he throws on the floor! He hardly eats a thing just lately and im so sick of wasting food and money!

any suggestions?

Bethanie is having tantrums at most meal times recently, she has a very healthy appetite the majority of the time, but once she is full she starts to throw food around too. It's really frustrating, especially if we're out for a meal and as you say, it's a waste of money.

I suppose it's just their age... so im not sure what to suggest exactly. Maybe if you let him be really involved in "fun foods" he might be more willing to eat? im trying to figure this one out myself still, but I find that if I give Bethanie a choice and let her help me prepare (holding jars, choosing her plate and spoons/forks etc) it seems to work. I haven't had a tantrum today yet!! it's a record lmao.

Sounds like maybe he is doing it for attention. I would not pay any attention to him when he is doing that. Only reward him for eating the food.

As soon as he throws something take it all away from him, Jack had a nasty habit of doing this, he won't starve and he'll eat if he is hungry

He'll soon realise you are not playing his game

I agree with Jo.. take it away as soon as he starts throwing it. If he is hungry try again after he calms down and knows that he wont get it if he throws it. It wont take him long to realize that if he throws it it will get taken away.

:grr: could have written your post! probably a stage :roll: or jealousy? or attnetion seeking. Joe does it when hes finished, plate, beaker you nmae it :trouble: just develop lightening reflexes and grab the plate before its thrown!! :lol:

:grr: could have written your post! probably a stage :roll: or jealousy? or attnetion seeking. Joe does it when hes finished, plate, beaker you nmae it :trouble: just develop lightening reflexes and grab the plate before its thrown!! :lol:

:rofl::rofl:

Thats usually my trick. Does anyone elses little one wave their hands across the table really quickly and laugh at the food falling everywhere? it's really frustrating, especially when you're just cleaned them up and are about to do the table etc.

Bethanie keeps throwing her toys too and hitting, but thats another thread!! grr!!!

i would do what the others have suggest hun, take the food away if he throws it and give it back if he calms down, he wouldn't starve himself, also may not give him snacks during the day so when it does come to dinner and tea he is hungry and eats it. its what i have to do to kacy if she starts messing with her dinner and tea.

you could try a reward chart, give him a sticker for everytime he is good x

Thats usually my trick. Does anyone elses little one wave their hands across the table really quickly and laugh at the food falling everywhere? it's really frustrating, especially when you're just cleaned them up and are about to do the table etc.

Bethanie keeps throwing her toys too and hitting, but thats another thread!! grr!!!

glad its not just rhys!

Joe threw the fruit bowl this morning :roll: turned my back to make his toast for 1 minute and he'd emptied the bowl piece by piece and the worst thing is Katie is now doing it too :dohh:

My two seem to have had a switch flicked since they had their birthday. They used to be wonderful eaters but now anything can happen! Sometimes (like today) they can be absolutely brilliant and eat really nicely.

Other days they spit stuff out, grab the spoon, turn their heads away even if it's something they used to really enjoy. Trouble is that one sets the other off. Mummy has steam coming out of her ears! :hissy:

It's usually the savoury stuff too. If it happens, I take it away from them and make them sit with nothing while I clean everything up. I tell them what I'm doing and why (god knows if they understand). When everything is clean then they have pudding (or not depending on how they eat that).

I've also noticed that if they're really tired or really hungry then things are worse. Dunno how to avoid that though.

I hate it though because it makes me feel like a right grump with them. DH says best to have discipline now though rather than a nightmare later. I'm sure he's right but I think some valium could come in handy! :winkwink:

lol I feel for you Helen, 2 must be manic at meal times!! Bethanie refuses the dinner sometimes but then says "pot pot" (fruit pot) and doesn't mess around with that at all.. it's gone in 2 minutes!

KIDS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->