Food!

xx~Lor~xx

Young mummy of 3 <3
Reaction score
Hi all!

This is such a pointless thread, but I have just realised that since Robyn is 9 months in like 3 days, it means I can move up the cooking book and make her more complex meals!! I'm so excited!!!!! :happydance: I've got bored of all the recipies in the section we're in at the moment. Ohhh, I feel a big food shop coming on! :haha:

Hope you and your bubbas are all great!

xoxox

awww bless her!! i love there lil faces when they try something new. i cant wait untill alice has food for the first time! im bored of milk lol!!! i think im going to be waiting a long time though. its weird how im like 'my baby is growing up too fast' and then i want her to at the same time lol.

ohhh i cnt wait to start weaning maisie can start the end of this month im soooo excited, already got loads of stuff in lol x

It's soo fun starting to wean them. Robyn was pretty easy going so weaning wasn't a problem fortunately! Though it is alot different to just the milk, like having to remember to go do it haha. Robyn is now on finger foods, she fed herself her entire dinner today! Well.. mummy fed her the yoghurt :haha: There's no way I was going to give her the yoghurt, she makes enough mess without a liquid food!!

xoxox

Awwww, yay Robyn!!

What type of finger foods do you give her and from what age??
I've just started giving Theo bits of toast in the morning, he loves it but drops alot as he hasn't quite got the grasp of things and putting them to the mouth just yet!

x

Goshhh she eats everything with her fingers! Even when i don't want her too!! :rofl:

Umm, today she had pasta, cheese, and pear with her fingers. She's had banana, and melon, and strawberries. Crackers, ham, toast, bread crusts :) I'm sure there are others but I forget at the moment! I gave her some banana first I think it was, because she kepts wanting to grab things, but rarely when she was like 6-7 months, if that makes sense. And as she got older I increased the amount and varied it. She LOVES eating with her fingers, though most of it ends up on her lap or on the floor :dohh:

xoxox

Ooooooooooooooooooooh! And Cheerios, I can't believe I forgot to mention Cheerios! They are her favourite! :haha: I think by eating cheerios with her fingers she has taught herself how to put the food more accurately into her mouth or she drops them lol.

xoxox

Aww it was so fun to start on all that stuff!!

Re: yogurt... Elyse is 14 months so I've had to bite the bullet and let her try feeding herself her yogurt as it's one of her favourite foods and she needs practice with the spoon... she feeds her hair & eyebrows more of the yogurt than her mouth gets :lol: Feed them messy foods in just their diaper and save yourself the stress haha.

Aww it was so fun to start on all that stuff!!

Re: yogurt... Elyse is 14 months so I've had to bite the bullet and let her try feeding herself her yogurt as it's one of her favourite foods and she needs practice with the spoon... she feeds her hair & eyebrows more of the yogurt than her mouth gets :lol: Feed them messy foods in just their diaper and save yourself the stress haha.

:O Goshhh I dread having to let Robyn feed herself yoghurt!! Ahh that is SUCH a good plan with feeding them in their nappy. Right, bring on the sunny weather and sitting robyn outside in her nappy letting herself feed herself :thumbup:

Ohh and girls, I thought I would share this picture of Robyn looking EVER so beautiful today feeding herself dinner:

[IMG]https://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/lprowse_photos/100_1590.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/lprowse_photos/100_1596.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy182/lprowse_photos/100_1594.jpg[/IMG]

Ahhh my god Robyn is soooo cute!!! :cloud9: hehe

Grace feeds herself everything now, so she should be really, she is 2.5 yrs old!! lol....I remember letting her feed herself yoghurt the first few times and it was EVERYWHERE, shes a pro at it now though :haha: trying to get her used to using childrens kinfes to cut up her food now, she gets so confused bless her!!

What book do you have Laura? I have Annabel Karmels book, I love it :D
Made Theo tomato and basil pasta today, he thought it was yummy, kept smacking his lips and couldn't eat it fast enough :cloud9:

x

Lol she's a munchkin!

Yay go Grace!!! Haha I expect she is a pro! Bless herr, she'll get there :) when she keeps seeing mummy and daddy using their knives she'll get the idea. Then she'll be eating like a really big girl!

Awww that is actually adorable!! Little Theo!! heeheee! He obviously loves his dinners!

I have two books, though I've only cooked out of one of them before. Both were handed down to me. One is called 'The complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner'.. ohh you know what it IS by Annabel Karmel, how funny is that!! lmfaoo. It's an old one I think, my driving instructor gave it to me, and her daughter is like 5 or 6. The other is 'Cooking for Babies and Toddlers' by Sara Lewis. Haven't used that one yet though.

xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->