• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Foods (in pregnancy) That Make You Sick

BeesKnees

Reaction score
I was just wondering what foods you were able to eat before pregnancy that make you feel ill now? Also a question to the already moms out there, were you able to eat these foods again after pregnancy?

Back in my first trimester I had some dill pickles and they made me feel terrible. I dismissed it to m/s and didn't have any pickles again until recently and it took me 2 days to recover from just a handful of pickles. :sick:

It's funny because pickles are part of many a pregnancy craving joke but I am now avoiding them like the plague. I didn't react well to some mixed nuts back in the 1st Tri either and now the thought of them makes me cringe.

(*sidenote, I did just have some Nutella on toast with no ill side effects so Halleluja to that! :winkwink:)

Krispy kreme doughnuts- ERRRRRR!

And the sight of the slow cooker revolts me, i could never eat anything cooked in it again.

Not so much food,tho I have gone off most sweet things Inc chocolate. The one thing I used to drink by the gallon before pregnancy was coffee. I can't stand to even smell the stuff now.:nope:

well...

I don't like much meat anymore, e.g. pure pork sausages, chicken, even my beloved salmon! I don't like ice-cream now and prefer sorbet/popsicle/frozen fruit-type lollies. I don't crave chocolate anymore, but love yogurt peanuts(!) I can't stand tropical/sweet drinks, but love lemon squash! I used to love sparkling water, but now, drink still! I used to eat an apple a day, now it's a banana! I don't like cheese anymore, unless it's a grilled cheese/on pasta.....My husband makes a stew that I hated, now I can eat two or three bowls of it? what's wrong with me?

best wishes

Yep, bananas. I gag every time I eat them now

well...

I don't like much meat anymore, e.g. pure pork sausages, chicken, even my beloved salmon! I don't like ice-cream now and prefer sorbet/popsicle/frozen fruit-type lollies. I don't crave chocolate anymore, but love yogurt peanuts(!) I can't stand tropical/sweet drinks, but love lemon squash! I used to love sparkling water, but now, drink still! I used to eat an apple a day, now it's a banana! I don't like cheese anymore, unless it's a grilled cheese/on pasta.....My husband makes a stew that I hated, now I can eat two or three bowls of it? what's wrong with me?

best wishes

:shrug: This made me giggle because you are quite exact on what is good and what is bad. :flower: Good luck

It's like I've turned vegetarian - meat/chicken just don't sit well - no matter how good it smells to my nose. :dohh:

I can't drink tea anymore or eat anything sweet, its lovely at the time but within an hour i feel terrible x

For some reason I hate fish right now. I used to eat salmon 3-4 times a week but now I can barely stomach two bites. And it never looks appetizing when I go out to eat and scan the menu.

I can't stand red meat! Before pregnancy my favorite food was a nice piece of steak but now I gag at the grocery store just by looking at the red meat isle. I feel bad for hubby because he loves red meat too but I prohibit the cooking of red meat in the house:haha:.
Hopefully our baby boy will not be vegetarian:baby:!

Milk and most dairy. I used to be lactose intolerant as a child, but it went away. Now that I'm pregnant its back and I can't keep down dairy.

I can't stand red meat! Before pregnancy my favorite food was a nice piece of steak but now I gag at the grocery store just by looking at the red meat isle. I feel bad for hubby because he loves red meat too but I prohibit the cooking of red meat in the house:haha:.
Hopefully our baby boy will not be vegetarian:baby:!

And you're from TEXAS! YIKES!! I'm from Wisconsin...thank goodness I can still eat cheese!!!

Meats, garlic, onions, any food that includes any of those..and before getting pregnant I was addicted to Soda now I can't even think of drinking it!

All of these entries are so interesting. Amazing how we are all so different!

Ive gone off meat too.. can stomach white fish like cod but thats about it.. im basically living on jacket potato and cheese at the moment. The texture of mince makes me feel ill.. which is not good as im also wanting lasange & chips.

Used to love but now cannot stand: Ginger, garlic (both make me gag) tea, coffee, olives, bananas, onions.

Hate sage and a few other herbs now, they smell awful. Creamy cheesy type things make me feel sick after eating them.

I now love chocolate (could take it or leave it before but weirdly went off it completely for the first few weeks! Odd)

Most drinks I hate now. Can just manage watered down cranberry juice.

And I've developed a DEEP love for mashed potato and cold Ambrosia rice pudding from the tin (not at the same time!!) Also vinegary things are quite nice :)

I hate going out for dinner as I am also a coeliac so finding dtuff to eat is a nightmare!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->