Foods to eat when you have the flu

MiniKiwi

Reaction score
I haven't been able to stomach anything but pears and grapes for five days now and I feel awful and weak. I need a few ideas of foods that won't make me sick/will help me feel better.

Any ideas? What's your go-to sick food?

Clear soups, chicken noodle would be the one I go for.

Hope you feel better soon x

Soup, anything dry like toast or crackers. Avoid dairy if you're feeling sick. Ginger biscuits are meant to be good to ease feeling sick.
Feel better soon :hugs:

Chicken noodle soup, Readybrek, hot Ribena, and Marmite on toast are my go-to sick foods!

Also chocolate and bananas just make you feel happier in general, and any hot liquid will ease a sore throat.

Oats, rice and clear broth soups are all easy on the tum.

I tend to avoid dairy and bread based products for 48 hours but drink plenty of lemonade (full fat) and orange squash to get some sugar back in to your blood stream.

I tend to say whatever you fancy (within reason). One year I was in bed with flu (like flu flu, not stomach bug) and ate vanilla ice cream and pieces of dark chocolate for 5 days.

Chicken noodle soup is my go-to "I'm sick" comfort food, be it the flu, a cold, or whatever.

Mint tea and saltines are my best friends, as well, if I'm nauseous.

Always chicken noodle soup or chicken and rice soup... apple sauce and toast..water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->