For all you FRER experts....

Bella1185

Reaction score
Background - thought I was in TWW a couple weeks ago, but had my dates all wrong (bc and antibiotics - long story) and now am in TWW again :wacko: thanks to all the sweet ladies who've helped me through it even though I've been a bit nutty :haha:

QUESTION:
What the heck is this weird line?? I've gotten them on three tests now. I'm NOT SUGGESTING ITS A BFP because it's way too close to the control line. But what IS IT? I've had three do this - comes up right away. I hope you guys can see it in the pics. You have to focus your eyes closer to the control line - then it's to the left, but closer than a test line should be. Not an evap. They pop up straight away and stick around, I took these pics within 10 min

Bad batch? A FRER fluke I've never noticed before?? Ugh. It's annoying and since we pay a bundle for these tests I'm frustrated.

Will post all 3 tests below - hope you can see what I mean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 95
And the third weird one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 63
It looks like maybe a dye run, if what I'm seeing is what you're talking about. I think that can sometimes happen when the test gets over saturated (dipped in urine for too long). The main thing that jumped out at me though was that the control line looks too far to the centre of the window. I'd have to have a look at my own to know if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me or the angle of the photo. That makes me wonder if they are fakes or something? I don't even know if that's possible! If you got them from a legitimate store and not off somewhere random on the internet I'd say that's probably pretty unlikely, but just something about the positioning of the control line doesn't look right to me.

Ooh minduptopia that's true! I didn't notice that? But the control line does seem to be close to the center - although it's the damned curved handle ones so maybe just the angle?

Got three packs of them from good ole Target (all wrapped up with the standard stuff) so definitely no fakes. Thanks for thinking a it's weird too, though! Driving me crazy

Ohh ETA : don't think I did too long dip - 5 seconds or a littl less to be sure :)

Im seeing what you mean, im not sure? It doesn't really look too close to me, looks the right distance from the control line so I wouldn't rule out it being a bfp, but agree with Mind that the control line seems too centre? Odd!

I find when I buy frer from certain stores like Walmart the control lines are off. No idea what that line near the control is. Call me crazy though I feel like something is also catching my eye in the correct test line area

Those new curvy handled FRERs are notorious for flaws. I'm surprised they haven't went back to the original design after all the bad reviews on them. I do think that it looks like the antibody strip is off center in all the pictures. I think I see a faint second line in the first and second pic which could be the start of an early BFP. In the third pic I'm noticing that blotch to the far right of the test window... what IS that?

You might find this interesting...

https://peeonastickfreak.com/category/first-response-early-response/

Also, I read in a review on Amazon a lady saying she had this line appear on every test but determined the true test line should be 5mm away from the control, whereas this line was more like 3mm away from it

Thanks Happycupcake! I love that website!!!!!!

Okay that makes me feel more sane! That's exactly how these tests look to me - just a couple mm off but def wrong spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->