For fun: First silly thought that popped in to your head when you saw LO

1) she is tiny! (she was 8lbs 14oz and by no means tiny!)
2) her skin is amazing! - even the midwife commented on how beautiful her skin was as they expect babies who are 2 weeks late ti have dry skin apparently?
3) why has she got no hair!? (all of my family were born with dark hair and she was totally bald. Thanks to her daddys side!)

"Oh sh!t, he's really little!" That was my first thought when I saw him. Duh, he's a baby. I was shocked though. They kept telling me we were having a big baby. Even though he was 7lbs 15oz and 21in I still felt like he was really tiny in comparison to what I think of when I hear 'big baby'... Like the lady next door. Her LO was 12lbs! That's a 'big baby'!

She looks like a ribena berry (was very purple) Random I know lol

Oh, I realized that this wasn't the first thing I thought.

The absolute first thing with my first was "WHATTT?!?????????????" because the doctor shouted "here she is!!!!" ~ and of course we were expecting a boy!!!

Having had a c-section, I glanced at her as she was being carried over to the table to get cleaned and measured thinking 'She's got her Daddy's birthmark on her forehead.' Turns out, it was just some blood and gunk... :haha:

1, I have a baby?!?!?
2, Ohh squishy!
3, What is it? - after 5 mins they just plopped her on my chest as soon as she was born
4, Im gonna be sick - as the umbilical cord was right in my face

'asif I just pushed that out my vagina' followed by 'why is he blue and floppy?!'

This sounds awful but with my daughter it was "I hope she doesn't look like that forever!" She was all waterlogged and puffy and she looked massive even though she was only 7lb 10.5oz. I felt guilty but my baby looked like Buddha!

With Toby it was "yep thats definitely a boy!" Then i thought "im glad youre cute cus on the 30 week growth scan you looked like MIL and i HATE her!"

Lol love reading these xxx

"She's bigger than I thought she'd be" :rofl: thanks to the drugs they gave me she really, really wasn't :dohh:

Second time I saw her (in NICU) I seen this tiny baby in an incubator, I couldn't help but notice, and I thought "omg, that baby is tiny, poor parents and baby"

And then they wheeled me over to the baby and told me she was mine :dohh:

First time I met Tori I thought "oi you're not the ten pounder I was aiming for" :rofl:

I was a very mean mommy in her first seconds of life! Lol my very first words (said through tearful sobs of joy) were "oh my god she's so ugly!" Then I thought to myself, "she smells really bad", and then I thought, "how can mommy's enjoy this? She's full of sticky stuff (vernix)!" And THEN I thought (after fob and my mom took baby to hold her) "OH MY GOD I didn't even check to make sure she's a girl!"

Lol such horrible thoughts! She really is the cutest baby ever, now though!

I said the first silly thought I had out loud "oh my god he's huge!" hahahaha

I didn't see my daughter until she was about 15 hours old, and I don't remember what I thought or said... But with my son, a vbac induction with epidural (medicated to my eyeballs basically) I said (out loud) 'Oh my god, it's a baby!' and then 'is it still a boy?'

Bright, I is. Really bright.

"omg I gave birth to my stepson" when I saw the pic of him after he was born. He looked just like him. I didn't get to see him until the next afternoon. I was pissed my parents got to see him before I did. Now he only looks like my stepson when he makes certain faces.

After I pulled her onto my chest I thought "she's so floppy, is this really what babies are like?" Then I noticed that she had the cutest ears (I was staring at her ears underwater when only her head was sticking out). Then after a couple of minutes I panicked since I never checked to see that she was really a girl, so I checked and was relieved the ultrasound was right! :haha:

"oh god he's huge, no wonder they had to cut my vagina.." (he was almost 10 lbs)

and then I asked my husband very loudly "he has a penis right?? he's not a girl???"

I remember the first thing I said over and over again was OMG he's so tiny, why is he so tiny? Isn't he so tiny!

And I was team yellow, hearing that I now had a son wasn't even what I first thought of, I just couldn't get over how tiny he was lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->